• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2018

Beginner speed bag

What speed bag would you advise a beginner to start with? Size and Bag. For me I think a 6x9 is a great size for beginner and advanced baggers and the TITLE GYRO I believe is a good bag at a fair price. Enjoy
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Yes, a 6 x 9 is a good choice. You inflate it just a little soft to start with to slightly slow down the response. I liked the old Everlast 4210 and 4213 bags which are 7 x 10. My first 6 x 9 is a early Ringside bag.

Comment

• AlfredGaebeli
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • May 2020

Personally I am not a fan of title. The quality of their bags is poor, imo. Also it depends how much you want to spend - if you know you're in for the long run get something proper. If you're still a newbie I'd recommend something on the larger side. Don't go smaller than the 6x9.

Comment

• dad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Dec 2018

You make good sense. Thanks for the comment.

Comment

• JeffH
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • May 2022

I would spend money on a good bag. The Titles were not that great, my favorite is the Jim Bradley from Thrasher house.

Comment

• dad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Dec 2018

I understand the value of a "good bag" however I think the key word here is "Beginner" someone who is trying this out to see if they would enjoy it or Not and a good bag can go for some steep change.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by dad View Post
              I understand the value of a "good bag" however I think the key word here is "Beginner" someone who is trying this out to see if they would enjoy it or Not and a good bag can go for some steep change.
              exactly. Every speed bag brand has a decent bag for a beginner. An inexpensive 9x6 or 10x7 will be fine. For a beginner I have found that the swivel is usually more problematic than the bag.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• JeffH
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • May 2022

Originally posted by dad View Post
                The cheapest I would go is a Cleto Reyes 6x9. The thin leather is great.

Comment

• dad
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Dec 2018

Only used one once and I have to say I really enjoyed it. Great choice of bags. But $100.00 for Beginner.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...