• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Speedbagcentral visit

There's always something in process, being planned or "thought about" in the speed bag world. Most of it takes months, or years, to finally "happen"

But suddenly... it does...

Sports Illustrated is coming to town.

https://speedbagcentral.com/people-e...ed-bag-events/

Greg Bishop

Last edited by Speedbag; 05-29-2022, 12:12 PM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag
  • dad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2018

Well, deservered

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ventanakaz
      Agreed, Very Well Deserved, Can't wait to hear about it and maybe a video of it would be Awesome
      My understanding is we will be sitting around "talking" about lots of Speed Bag related stuff and probably a bit of history on me and how I got into it. Stuff like Speed bag history, present state and future hopes of where it goes. And there is the present state of the World we live in. Lots of areas to chat about. Kind of like at the gatherings, when baggers get together. We talk pretty much about everything in our lives. I have been communicating with them about this since back in November 2021. They have both recently got into bagging for their own reasons, so that will be interesting to talk about.

Yeah, we'll certainly spend some time, (maybe a lot, ...don't know) in my "speed bag bag room", (just a small bedroom upstairs in house). Do some demo, probably teaching them. Of course I hope they leave better baggers than then arrive. Good thing my board is easily adjustable because Greg Bishop is 6'5'' ex pro football offensive lineman, so that's a challenge. When it's raised up for him it will be a challenge for me to jump in, but it's not my first time teaching with such a height differential. For the actual podcast (about 1-2hrs of talking) he's thinking about finding a cool outside nature spot, .. like a public park around the Waco Area. There's a few within a mile of my house. so that won't be a problem. There is a cold front expected that week, so it shouldn't be over 103 degrees out. And there's a couple of sights around Waco area they might want to see, as they have asked about a few. Anyway, back to cleaning the house....
      Last edited by Speedbag; 05-30-2022, 09:50 AM.
      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Mickey Dix
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jul 2019

Great news , I can’t wait to see more about this project!!!

Comment

• dad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Dec 2018

What an opportunity to show the WORLD how you can do an exercise in your own space that can be so "Challenging" and at the same time so much "FUN". ALAN, you deserve all the credit for giving us the "Bible Style Baggers" that place where we can go where all of the problems in the world, all of the stress in our life's have been eliminated even if only for a small amount of time, but enough to clear and refresh our wellbeing. Tired, and feeling "GREAT" Thank you my friend. (Please don't show up in your bathing suit).

Comment

• Dutchman
            Speed Bag Historian
            • Jun 2006

Wonderful! You are the ambassador of the speed bag world!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by dad View Post
              What an opportunity to show the WORLD how you can do an exercise in your own space that can be so "Challenging" and at the same time so much "FUN". ALAN, you deserve all the credit for giving us the "Bible Style Baggers" that place where we can go where all of the problems in the world, all of the stress in our life's have been eliminated even if only for a small amount of time, but enough to clear and refresh our wellbeing. Tired, and feeling "GREAT" Thank you my friend. (Please don't show up in your bathing suit).
              LOL. Yeah, I was hoping for the swimsuit edition, but that ship has sailed.
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• DizzyD
                • Jun 2020

That’s great news! Can’t wait to hear about it!

Comment

• dad
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Dec 2018

This maybe that space where the potential for WORLD recognition of free style speed bagging (BIBLE STYLE) bagging is finally accepted as a GREAT personal "SPORT" Thank you "Alan"
                  Video, Video and please Video

Comment

• JoMan2
                    • Dec 2020

Fantastic news and what an amazing opportunity! So great to hear that our little niche is catching on!

Comment

• Tim
                      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                      There's always something in process, being planned or "thought about" in the speed bag world. Most of it takes months, or years, to finally "happen"

But suddenly... it does...

Sports Illustrated is coming to town.

That's fantastic! Congratulations!

Comment

• Klair
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Jun 2022

Great work! Im looking forward your project!

Comment

• dad
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Dec 2018

Klair, welcome and I hope you have a wonderful journey through the speed bag world.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Greg Bishop is 6'5'' ex pro football offensive lineman, so that's a challenge.
                            Fun Fact; So I'm hanging out with Greg Bishop of Sports Illustrated, and he is NOT 6'5" and 270lbs who played 7 years pro offensive line.. He's about 5'10 and 200lbs. Wikipedia has the two confused and somehow they can't get it fixed.

So, He says "A lot of people are surprised when we meet because they read the Wikipedia page and a few other links that say the 6'5" 270lb Greg Bishop works for SI, but that is not him."

He says he even contacted the other Greg Bishop and did a little story about it, but for some reason can't get it changed. Anyway, He, me and Dan Bloom podcast supervisor had a great day together, touring Waco and talking about lots of stuff. Tuesday is serious speed bagging. Teaching and hitting to music they want to see. (they have songs in mind...). Should be fun!

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• JoMan2
                              • Dec 2020

Fun Fact; So I'm hanging out with Greg Bishop of Sports Illustrated, and he is NOT 6'5" and 270lbs who played 7 years pro offensive line.. He's about 5'10 and 200lbs. Wikipedia has the two confused and somehow they can't get it fixed.

So, He says "A lot of people are surprised when we meet because they read the Wikipedia page and a few other links that say the 6'5" 270lb Greg Bishop works for SI, but that is not him."

He says he even contacted the other Greg Bishop and did a little story about it, but for some reason can't get it changed. Anyway, He, me and Dan Bloom podcast supervisor had a great day together, touring Waco and talking about lots of stuff. Tuesday is serious speed bagging. Teaching and hitting to music they want to see. (they have songs in mind...). Should be fun!

Kick ass !!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...