• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Superman
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jul 2006

TKO speedbag....good? er..no..

Hey guys, I just bought my first speed bag and am currently in the process of building a drum...ive been reading all of the posts on here and I am learning a lot..

I am very new to speed bags so I went out and was able to pick up a TKO speedbag for a minimal price and the guy through in the swivel for free. Total cost - $9.88 + tax from my local fitness store..Ive seen the swivels that wal-mart and such sell which are Everlast brand but they appear to be cheap with just the little hook that goes through the loop...My swivel locks in and appears to be of higher quality....(again im new to this so I have no idea) For all I know I could have purchased the cheapest and most worthless setup known....

If you guys could let me know if it is worth me even bothering to use the TKO bag or should I go out and purchase a Title bag or something, and if theres any pointers you could give to absolute beginners on how to begin learning..it would be GREATLY appreciated....THANKS
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Speed Bag brands

It is very hard for me to speak about specific equipment if I'm exactly sure what you are talking about. There are various types and perhaps levels of quality to certain speed bag brands and accessory equipment. TKO has several higher quality bags, and it has some lessor versions. I can't speak to either for I haven't really used them. By the pictures of the "lessor" bags, I don't think I would care for their shape. Again, I haven't hit them, so I can't say their good or bad.

As far as swivels go, again without a picture or specific reference it is difficult to tell exactly what swivel you are talking about. There are many variations of ballhooks, chainlinks and other types of swivels.

The best way to judge your equipment is if it works. If you can hit it repetitively, it is probably OK. It you hit it crisply and nothing seems to happen, then it might be your equipment. Or it might be your swinging technique. That is hard to tell without seeing it. For a total cost of $9.98 then either you got the steal of the year, or their unloading some stuff that won't sell in that area. I've never heard of prices like that.

Hope it all works for you.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 07-16-2006, 12:51 AM. Reason: link
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Superman
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jul 2006

To be totally honest, I am thinking that I got the steal of the year. However the only down side is that the bag that I got was the one that they were using as a display and the new salesman had no idea how much he could sell it for. I left the store with the bag alone, then returned later asking if I could get the swivel as well, He was busy with a customer so he said just take it. The bag is one of the ones that you linked to the "lessor versions" so I guess for $10 it wasn't too much of a waste. Ill see how it works, thanks for your feedback..

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...