Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to reduce wall vibration of speed bag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to reduce wall vibration of speed bag?

I'm using 11"x8" standard issue bag and it recently has some wall vibration. Can someone give me advice on how to deal with this problem?

Your help will surely be appreciated

Originally posted by kevinransome View Post
    I'm using 11"x8" standard issue bag and it recently has some wall vibration. Can someone give me advice on how to deal with this problem?

Your best bet would be to use a smaller/lighter bag i think.
    putting some weight on the platform ( best option is sand bags imo ) helps get the vibrations out of the board, don't know if it makes any differince for wall vibration.

anchoring 2 planks in the wall where you put the screws to mount your set first and mount your whole platform trough those is something i've see alot people do also.
    Hope this makes any sense, english isn't my mother language.

Good luck with it.

Ps a little vibration won't stop you from bagging if you can't solve it

Comment

Best way is to put weight on top of the platform to absorb the energy. The best thing I have found to absorb energy is sand. Just like when you try to jump in the sand at the beach it does a bang up job of absorbing energy from a speed bag. My platform vibrates so much more and makes so much more noise without the sand on top.

Originally posted by kevinransome View Post

Comment

First, Welcome kevinransome good question, There are so many variables in your question, for me I would like to see where you are mounting everything, house, basement, garage, 2x4 wall construction or concert wall. A picture would be great.

Comment

Hi. Triangular support provides the best defense against unwanted drum vibration. The drum is typically attached to two supports that are perpendicular to the wall. If you were to take a properly-sized 2*4, cut each end at a 45-degree angle, bolt one end to the drum, and the other to the supporting structure on the wall (into a stud, or better, a 2*4 frame between the wall and the platform hardware, you will eliminate vibration. There are some pictures of my indoor and outdoor platforms in my account if you're interested. If the platform is designed to be height-adjustable, you will need to be a little creative in attaching a horizontal mount between the vertical mount points so the entire platform continues to float with the added hypotenuse. There is absolutely NO vibration in my platforms, and the one pictured in my living room is a friction fit - no bolts in the wall at all. Think triangle.Happy Punching!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by PunchDrummer; 10-14-2021, 06:25 PM.

Comment

That has to be one of the best set-ups I have ever seen and you can see by the picture the amount of thought that went into this design. Just "Beautiful"

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...
            X