How to reduce wall vibration of speed bag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kevinransome
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Oct 2021

How to reduce wall vibration of speed bag?

Handling Fabric and Design Compatibility on Embroidery Machines

Compatibility between fabric and design is essential in achieving the best possible results. Even the best embroidery machine will provide poor results without compatibility between the design and fabric. Most inbuilt embroidery designs in machines have been tested on various fabrics and matched correctly. Some machine manufacturers will even recommend different designs for different fabrics to make selections easier for embroiders. On the other hand, designs found online may not always match your chosen fabrics. The logic here is that once you find your best embroidery machine, go for different fabrics and stitches to match different designs.

Fabrics Characteristics and Intended Use are Essential

One key question you need to ask yourself is if the embroidery design stitch density will alter the hand of your fabric. If the density of your design stitch will change the hand of your fabric, then it will be a huge challenge for your embroidery project.

You may have to find a suitable way of matching your design with the appropriate fabric. For instance, a heavier stitch design should go with heavier fabrics like denim, while a lighter design will match the lighter fabrics like cotton. You may want to consider a home embroidery machine with largest hoop and thicker needles for making designs on heavier fabrics.

Use Backing and Topping for Better Embroidery Design Results

In addition to matching your fabrics’ characteristics like texture, weight, and color with the appropriate design, you can improve your results with topping and topping. You should know if your fabric will work with the embroidery design if you change colors, for instance. It would be best to consider altering the design to work for the appropriate fabric. Backings and toppings are strategies that can turn your device into the best embroidery machine when adequately handled.

When you stitch your design, you can hoop woven and knit them much smoother, especially with zero stretching and neutral tension. The fabric will be stretched in the hoop and then back with a cutaway stabilizer. When the stitching is done in any direction, the stabilizer will ensure that the fabric stretches with it, thus reducing the likelihood of significant issues.

Prepare Your Fabrics Before Designing

It doesn’t matter whether you have an affordable embroidery machine or the costlier options; if you don’t prepare your fabric well for an embroidery design, you may not achieve the best result. For instance, lycra knits and some other lighter fabrics will require designs with lots of open spaces. This design will appear puckered somehow, especially when the relaxed fabric but will continually stretch over your body when worn.

Many unstable fabrics will require stabilization, especially with hooping with a backing. Backing unstable fabric is important because hooping only can cause permanent markings. You need to perform the backing and hooping in such a way that they don’t add stress to your fabric. You will do yourself a lot of good by going for the best computerized embroidery machine that comes with adjustable design features to make your work easier.
    Last edited by kevinransome; 10-01-2023, 02:13 PM.
  • Antwan
    • Mar 2021

Originally posted by kevinransome View Post
    I'm using 11"x8" standard issue bag and it recently has some wall vibration. Can someone give me advice on how to deal with this problem?

Your help will surely be appreciated
    Your best bet would be to use a smaller/lighter bag i think.
    putting some weight on the platform ( best option is sand bags imo ) helps get the vibrations out of the board, don't know if it makes any differince for wall vibration.

anchoring 2 planks in the wall where you put the screws to mount your set first and mount your whole platform trough those is something i've see alot people do also.
    Hope this makes any sense, english isn't my mother language.

Good luck with it.

Ps a little vibration won't stop you from bagging if you can't solve it

Comment

• Ginger
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Oct 2021

Best way is to put weight on top of the platform to absorb the energy. The best thing I have found to absorb energy is sand. Just like when you try to jump in the sand at the beach it does a bang up job of absorbing energy from a speed bag. My platform vibrates so much more and makes so much more noise without the sand on top.

Originally posted by kevinransome View Post
      I'm using 11"x8" standard issue bag and it recently has some wall vibration. Can someone give me advice on how to deal with this problem?

Your help will surely be appreciated

Comment

• dad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Dec 2018

First, Welcome kevinransome good question, There are so many variables in your question, for me I would like to see where you are mounting everything, house, basement, garage, 2x4 wall construction or concert wall. A picture would be great.

Comment

• PunchDrummer
          • Jan 2012

Hi. Triangular support provides the best defense against unwanted drum vibration. The drum is typically attached to two supports that are perpendicular to the wall. If you were to take a properly-sized 2*4, cut each end at a 45-degree angle, bolt one end to the drum, and the other to the supporting structure on the wall (into a stud, or better, a 2*4 frame between the wall and the platform hardware, you will eliminate vibration. There are some pictures of my indoor and outdoor platforms in my account if you're interested. If the platform is designed to be height-adjustable, you will need to be a little creative in attaching a horizontal mount between the vertical mount points so the entire platform continues to float with the added hypotenuse. There is absolutely NO vibration in my platforms, and the one pictured in my living room is a friction fit - no bolts in the wall at all. Think triangle.Happy Punching!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by PunchDrummer; 10-14-2021, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• dad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Dec 2018

That has to be one of the best set-ups I have ever seen and you can see by the picture the amount of thought that went into this design. Just "Beautiful"

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...