X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMPunk4500
    replied
    Originally posted by ventanakaz View Post

Yes they both originally had latex bladders in them, The bladders are the same as whats in the Cleto Reyes bags, for the Gil bag the bladder is to tall but for the Necalli bag the bladder fits better in it because of the longer neck of the bag, if I had my choice to only buy one bag outta the two brands I would pick the Necalli bag first but because the Gil bag has two layers of lining and it has three rows of stitching holding the panels together, the Gil bag will probably outlast the Necalli bag which has one layer of lining and two rows of stitching holding the panels together. (EDIT) if your on Instagram I could probably to a short video of me hitting the bags, Let me know ?
    Sure that would be great , thanks man…my Instagram name is thall4500

Leave a comment:

• ventanakaz
    replied
    Originally posted by CMPunk4500 View Post
    Thats great info , thanks for that. Do both of those come with latex bladders ? It looks like they do but Its hard to find any information about that brand, and forget about finding any videos on youtube , I'm surprised they arent more popular because they look like really nice bags.
    Yes they both originally had latex bladders in them, The bladders are the same as whats in the Cleto Reyes bags, for the Gil bag the bladder is to tall but for the Necalli bag the bladder fits better in it because of the longer neck of the bag, if I had my choice to only buy one bag outta the two brands I would pick the Necalli bag first but because the Gil bag has two layers of lining and it has three rows of stitching holding the panels together, the Gil bag will probably outlast the Necalli bag which has one layer of lining and two rows of stitching holding the panels together. (EDIT) if your on Instagram I could probably to a short video of me hitting the bags, Let me know ?
    Last edited by ventanakaz; 09-29-2021, 03:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CMPunk4500
    replied
    Thats great info , thanks for that. Do both of those come with latex bladders ? It looks like they do but Its hard to find any information about that brand, and forget about finding any videos on youtube , I'm surprised they arent more popular because they look like really nice bags.

Leave a comment:

• ventanakaz
    replied
    I have both, have some pictures and threads on here about them as for the Gil bag that might be a hit or miss I had a blue/black Gil bag that I sold to a member on here, it hits kinda like the everlast 4200 but with more weight behind it, Probably do to the double lining on the inside and the leather, I bought another Gil bag with the Mexican flag colors that I wanted, Now that bag had a longer loop and a smaller belly, Felt like a dud compared to the blue/black bag i had, So I tried different bladders with that bag and my 4 inch round patch of leather on the inside, What I finally ended up with was using a Title large Advanced bladder and revamping the loop, (made it very short) it hits alot better than how it originally came, but I'm not sure if it hits like the blue/black bag i had, on another point the Gil bags take along time to break in, Now onto the Necalli bag, Out of the box the bag is very light with soft leather, The only draw back is that I don't like lightweight bags (my personal taste) and the bag has a more banana shape than the Gil bag so if you compared the same materials, Leather and lining and loop, A teardrop bag will be faster than a banana bag of the same materials, That being said I do like the Necalli bag better than the Cleto Reyes, in Conclusion what I did with the Necalli bag was to change the bladder to a Enkay # 4 bladder and added my 4 inch round patch of leather to the inside bottom of the bag and also shortened the loop, I have pictures of the bag on here with original length loop and with the modified loop.

Leave a comment:

• CMPunk4500
    started a topic Gil & Necalli bags

Gil & Necalli bags

I’m looking to try out one of the Gil or Necalli speed bags , any thoughts about either of those ? They look really nice but I can’t tell if they would hit very well or if they would be heavy. Curious to hear what people think about those two brands.
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...
X