Name:	swib4.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	125281

Attached Files
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

What plastic are you using for the base and ball?

Comment

• Pete
      • Nov 2020

The base is made out of polycarbonate. An extremely strong and durable thermoplastic polymer. The plastic ball is phenolic which is also very durable and used to replace steel in some cases. Some models have a phenolic ball and some have a solid steel ball. Both a FAST!

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

Very interesting!
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• DizzyD
          • Jun 2020

Wow! Always amazed buy you guys who are handy and have the skills to build swivels by you own. They look beautiful Pete. How do they feel under the board in action?

Comment

• Pete
            • Nov 2020

Thank you very much. Function was first priority. I will be posting a video and finishing up the website very soon. There are several different models with different ball housings and prices but they are all FAST!

Comment

• Pete
              • Nov 2020

Originally posted by ventanakaz
              Hey Pete, I'm curious if you compared your height of how low or high the hook hangs, Like comparing yours to the Everlast or The Arc Swivel in which the Arc swivel has a smaller arc than the classic everlast, The reason the everlast ball is kinda like a half ball is because they wanted to bring the eyebolt closer up into the base of the swivel to create a smaller arc, and if you look at their eyebolt hole and S-hook contact area, There is a smaller amount of play compared to other S-hooks, That keeps the bag from moving to much in that area and or floating around, This helps in any upward strikes that people do.
              Absolutely, good question. The hook is almost identical in length to the everlast S hooks and the arc tri hook. Any smaller and I think the steel might be compromised. Minimizing any jumping was important in the design and there is a model with the top of the ball shaved off as well. I appreciate all the input. I will take a side by side pic when I get home. They got me out here working on a Saturday. That's just un-American

Comment

• Dutchman
                Speed Bag Historian
                • Jun 2006

Really nice work, Pete. I've got a Tuf-Wear VSB112 too. It was new old stock, never been used, still has the factory bladder with it and the box

Comment

• Pete
                  • Nov 2020

`Thank you Dutchman. I'm a big fan of that Tuf-Wear bag. Real quality. I nabbed a DEB by Tuf-Wear from the Nebraska era too and it 's great.

Here are some hooks for comparison Ralph. The 2 on the left are Everlast hooks and the rest are mine. The hooks on the far right are are expirments.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	hooks (2).jpg
Views:	270
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	125342

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...