• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • henryterry
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Feb 2021

Gloves for newbie girl?

All Things You Should Know About Best Bosch Laser Level

As science and technology advance, new and evolving products appear. With all of their available resources, people are continually trying to develop the best laser level for builders that can be used in one way or another for humanity. There is a competition between them to provide the best products that can win the hearts of buyers and increase the number of potential customers.

❆❆❆ Find more: Tool Reviews and Comparisons LaserLevelHub.net

Photonics or laser technology is a complete and diverse topic in many military, medical, and neurological applications. The subject has been studied in depth at many leading research institutes and has so far produced some essential products that have been used by humans for many years. This area has blessed people with the latest lasers that help people in different regions in one way or another. The Bosch laser level is an example of these lasers and one of the greatest works of art.

What is the best laser level?

Bosch Laser Level is probably the best laser level available on the market. These laser levels are inherently potent and aggressive. Bosch has been known to offer its customers the best laser levels for years, and its inventory is growing day by day. The company has many laser-level ratings, and most of them are 5-star ratings. Customers have also suggested that Bosch is the best laser level brand that you can, no doubt, rely on. You can visit LaserLevelHub.net to learn more about the top-rated laser levels on the market with our detailed reviews.

– – – Learn more: Top Construction Product Reviews LaserLevelHub.net

Different levels of laser laser

Bosch is known for offering quality products to its customers and continues to do so. We refer to some of the best Bosch laser levels we can find on the market.

Bosch GLL2 is a compact, high-performance laser. This device offers its customers visible laser light. You can get accuracy and reliability along with a long lifespan. It is equipped with a simple control button, and we can easily switch between horizontal, vertical, and other modes.

The laser level reviews for this particular product are mostly positive and compelling, and you can get the product at a reasonable price of $79.97. It is available with a 90-day money-back guarantee.

The self-leveling Bosch GLL5 is the second on our list of the best Bosch laser levels available on the market. Durability, innovation, and quality can be found in this work of art. The product creates visible horizontal and vertical lines. It is equipped with a Magnetic Mounting Bracket with 3AA batteries.

This device gives customers more profit in the workplace by helping them with their work. The assessment of the laser levels for this product is very encouraging and often ends up being positive. This device is available for $148, which looks high, but not that much considering the services it offers.

The GLL3-330C 200-ft laser level from Bosch is the third on our list that our customers should consider. This top rated laser level is provided with a protective cage, usually located on the top of the module.

➤ ➤ ➤ Read now: Best Surveying Tools Reviews LaserLevelHub.net

Leveling is no longer a problem as the device is equipped with self-leveling technology which is electronic and works both horizontally and vertically. The device's battery can last up to 50 hours and this laser device is equipped with IP54 protection. This Bosch laser level is available at a high price of $479 but with all the necessary equipment in one package.
    Last edited by henryterry; 09-18-2023, 05:11 AM.
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

I was using Harbinger gloves for a while, https://harbingerfitness.implus.com/products/gloves/

Comment

• dad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2018

First welcome, good people and great information. Dutchman has some good gloves there, I haven't used glove for a long time now but if you going to use gloves remember to protect your wrist as well. I have Valeo, they also come with or without the wrist support. Enjoy

Comment

• BagBoy
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2018

Your hands will toughen up.
        Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• pinzpirate
          • Feb 2020

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
          Your hands will toughen up.
          Girls don't want tough hands
          Welcome to the club I'm am a mechanic so I don't need gloves
          I use hand wraps to hit the heavy bag Maybe they could work for you

Comment

• BagBoy
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by pinzpirate View Post
            Girls don't want tough hands
            Welcome to the club I'm am a mechanic so I don't need gloves
            I use hand wraps to hit the heavy bag Maybe they could work for you
            Yeah. Girls don't want tough hands. I just think it was a funny yet possible solution.

I don't wrap for my heavy bag. And if I did I doubt it would listen because it hates rap. <- bit of a stretch there..
            Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post

Yeah. Girls don't want tough hands. I just think it was a funny yet possible solution.

I don't wrap for my heavy bag. And if I did I doubt it would listen because it hates rap. <- bit of a stretch there..
              Good one. Not a fan of most "fast talking" wrap either. No melody.....
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by henryterry View Post
                Hi everyone. I’m a newbie girl who just figured out punching is pretty interesting thanks to the pandemic. Anyway, my question is what kind of gloves should I get? Cuz I got sores while hitting with bare hands. Thanks a lot.
                Hello and Welcome to the forum. Always happy to see another lady bagger step under that board. Here's a little inspiration for ya... (no gloves)

MsDeville (Dee)
                My attempt at punch drumming, using a Lazer speed bag by Balazs. This is one heavy bag and makes for a good workout. It took me a few seconds to figure out t...

speedbag4Life (Lisa)
                I had the opportunity to meet up with Lisa, my speed bag sister, while in California last April. In spite of suffering from a bad case of Bronchial pneumonia...

When most people start out they often hit too long and too hard...so the bare hands hurt. Some have use gloves (of all types) at first, and occasionally go back to them for various reasons.

Here is an old video of Me, hitting with the Harbinger classic wrist wrap gloves mentioned by Dutchman, who by the way is a true historical speed bag genious.

"Punch Drumming" on an upright stationary cycle to a medley of songs. A total body workout and great fun!

In time most serious "baggers" (speed baggers) will stop wearing them for better "feel" of the bag. However after a long layoff some use them for a while until the hands, especially the contact point areas get used to it again. Kind of like fretting a guitar, the finger tips take time to get use to the pressure. Wrist wraps are also a useable choice but I personally find most wrist wraps way too long for simple speed bag use. When I used them I would make about 4 wraps around the hand and cut the wrap, then sew the velcro end back on, eliminating about half the wrap material.

I wrote about hand protection here.

Personally I now use the Century Rock Steady Speed Bag Glove... (like the harbinger, but lighter)
                Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                  I was using Harbinger gloves for a while, https://harbingerfitness.implus.com/products/gloves/
                  Hey Dutchman...

Here is a point of history for ya...

In April 1995 I started working with "HITMAN" boxing division of NDL products. Hitman boxing products were the "official boxing equipment" in the Gold's Gym Franchise.

NDL made a ton of products in Neoprene. They tried to design speed bag gloves out of Neoprene but the material "slipped" on the bag, making good contact difficult, So "we" turned our attention to a "dedicated speed bag glove" made of leather. I was very specific in wanting NO seams over the edges of the hands. Of course that is where the seam appears on most lifting gloves and repetitive punching on speed bag just drills that seam into the hands. (I found the harbinger glove had the seam in just off the contact area and didn't bother me).

Anyway, in June 1995 they gave me a prototype glove, using my hand as a "large" model. The seams were in the Palm of the hand. You see it below. I first tried it out at the production factory office in Pompano Florida on their free standing floor frame. I chose to sit down for this, for some reason.

These gloves went through various versions to test different dyes and attachment areas. They appeared in several pictures taken while I worked with them May 1995 Through July 1996.

Summer of 1995... the "Golds Gym" international fitness show, Chicago National Sporting Goods, show, Las Vegas fitness show, and the international "SuperShow" of Feb. 1996 With cheer leaders and Marcus Allen.

Here they are in a "punching video" (note red attachment wrist text... the best version (they don't help with dancing...)

Punch Drumming to the classic funk tune "Bustin' Loose" by Chuck Brown and the Soul Searchers. It's got a slow funky groove that is perfect for relaxed punch...

Anyway, These Gloves were awesome for speed bag, but had a fatal flaw of the dye coming off all over the "hot hands" and it was very resistant to being washed off. Every version had that problem. I don't know what happened to that because I quit my association with NDL products after the 1996 Atlanta Olympics. I went for a week, doing speed bag teaching demonstrations at the security "dormitory accommodations" at Morehouse College. How did that happen? A little history.. NDL Products inc. was taken in a "hostile takeover" by The Brooks Brothers, under the DHB inc. company. DHB industries was owned by "the Brooks Brothers, David (David H Brooks = DHB) and Jeffery. Luckily I dealt with Jeffrey, the least outrageous of the two. Anyway, DHB also owned Point Blank Solutions, Inc. a major supplier of body armor to the U.S. military and law enforcement agencies. At the February 1995 SuperShow in Atlanta several of the Atlanta Olympic Committee came to meet with them concerning body armor protection for Olympic officials and athletes. They saw a speed bag demonstration and mentioned to Jeffrey that speed bag demonstrations and teaching sessions might be interesting for the international security forces that would be staying at Morehouse college. ( 1996 was the first Olympics that invited every country with athletes to send chosen police or security forces to help and assist with Security around all the venues and general area around the games. So, hundreds of police from all over the world came to Atlanta, and while at the Morehouse college facility were given daily "shows" on lots of police-security topics, including Point Blank Body Armor...and Speed Bag.)

So, the plan for ME was to spend that second "middle week" of the Olympics in Atlanta, Demo-teaching speed bag at Morehouse, but most important (to me) was to be the entertainment for "The American Salute to Olympic Boxing" on the evening of Monday July 29th. In the Olympics, boxing is a huge sport with hundreds of athletes. At the 1996 games there was boxing EVERY evening during the Games... except that Monday the 29th. For this Banquet I was told most every living USA Olympic boxing champion would be in attendance.. Evander Holyfield was the featured speaker, and I was to provide "about a 5 minute speed bag demonstration" with music. I was psyched for that. So I flew into Atlanta on Friday the 26th.... got check into Morehouse dorm...went to the basement where the speed bag stand was set up and did a few run throughs of the music and met a few police from all over the world.

and then Saturday the 27th Happened. Which pretty much shut down EVERYTHING. after that, only the competitions occurred. No social events. Banquet was cancelled, Lots of evening concerts and special activities cancelled. But I did demo-teach speed bag daily at the college, and then went to see a few sports events that I could get tickets for, Most notably, the semi-finals of the 220 dash, with fellow Wacoan Michael Johnson running. I got a seat right on his final turn and took this picture... a couple of weeks later he had an autograph session at Baylor track and I got him to sign it.

Anyway, after that I never heard from the DHB people again. They did not reimburse me for expenses to Atlanta as promised, but hey, I got to go to the Olympics. And I still communicate with a few of the police I met there. I suspect it was because during the February 1996 Supershow I also met John Brown, owner of Ringside Boxing. He said "I want you and your program, but you got to make video's." We talked about his plans to promote speed bag "hard" now that there was a program. So, this was in the Hitman booth, and I Know Jeffery was not happy about it, especially since I had turned down several of his offers to purchase my copyrights. Anyway, it did not end well for them but that is another story. This one just started from Speed Bag Gloves.

Attached Files
                  Last edited by Speedbag; 02-18-2021, 12:55 PM.
                  Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dutchman
                    Speed Bag Historian
                    • Jun 2006

Oh I remember the HITMAN line, I have a double end bag of theirs and a copy of the Boxercise VHS tape. It appeared that if they had really been serious about it could have been something. As I have observed over the years, unless the money people are truly behind the endevour nothing good usually comes of it

Comment

• Pete
                      • Nov 2020

It's probably a good idea to start out with some gloves and get your hands adjusted a bit. I ran through a bunch of gloves in the beginning but eventually I think you will find they get in the way. The fingerless weightlifter gloves had the best feel but got torn up pretty quickly. If you want padding and comfort hayabusa makes some quality quick wraps. Before I ditched the hand protection I found that hand wraps were the happy medium as far as price, durability, and padding. There is a wide range of companies to choose from in that department. I liked the thinner, stretchy sanabul wraps but if you want a thicker pair ringside has some good ones. Good luck to you

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                        Oh I remember the HITMAN line, I have a double end bag of theirs and a copy of the Boxercise VHS tape. It appeared that if they had really been serious about it could have been something. As I have observed over the years, unless the money people are truly behind the endevour nothing good usually comes of it
                        The original Hitman Bags were really solid but when the Brooks Brothers took it over. it went down. A lot of the Loyal folks that worked for the original NDL left and the only reason DHB wanted it was to make money. Quality wasn't his main concern.
                        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Pete
                          • Nov 2020

Correction, the pro impact wraps were the thicker ones not ringside

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...