• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UKJim
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Dec 2020

Top 5 Speed Bags

Hi all, writing an article on speed bags, thinking of top 5 Speed Bag set ups. Can you help with any suggestions?
  • Pete
    • Nov 2020

As of now
    1. Jim Bradley pro ball
    2. Cleto Reyes
    3. title platinum perilous
    4. Everlast 4200- “ made in u.s.a.”
    5. Everlast 4207 1984 olympics “made in u.s.a.”(I see you ventanakaz)

Comment

• Pete
      • Nov 2020

To be clear the made in U.S.A. is not a xenophobic thing my lime suckin friend. Hahaha. There was a drop in quality when Everlast production went oversees. A wise man(rdshackleford) once said “Beware the China bat” wait no, it was“ Beware the China bag”

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

I certainly blame Everlast for the drop in quality. They can spec better materials but I don't believe they care.

Comment

• pinzpirate
          • Feb 2020

Not too long ago a lot of us chimed in on our favorite bags I think Bagboy started the thread Roni's Bulgarian bags, 6X9 Cletos,5X8 Heritage and small Yellow and Title Blacks along with the Perlious seem to top everyone's list for Bible style bagging Happy New Year! everyone

Comment

• UKJim
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Dec 2020

thanks for the pointers! Will write it up is it ok to post the link to the article when done?

Comment

• BagBoy
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2018

I really don't think there could ever be a top five bags. Changes all the time but as mentioned the Title Perilous seems to be consistently in the mix so there's that!
              Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• 3dvrmonster
                • Sep 2020

So far I have 2 nice bags. Everlast kangaroo hide and balaz lazer. Kangaroo leather is easy on the hands, but the Lazer is best so far. I plan to get a Jim Bradley next, but the shipping cost is like a space x falcon 9 is dropping it off at the door!
                Last edited by 3dvrmonster; 01-01-2021, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• riqal
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2006

1. Everlast MX
                  2. Balaz lazer 8x5
                  3. Everlast kangaroo 9x6
                  4. Cleto Reyes size medium
                  5. Pro Mex Victorian size medium because that goatskin feels good.

I would like to also include the size 10x7 everlast kangaroo. I know traditionally large bags are for beginners, but this bag flys and is an awesome workout. I use the title lighting fast swivel, and the bags I’ve listed work great with it.

Comment

• Pete
                    • Nov 2020

3Dvrmonster, riqal - if you guys like the lazer I recommend picking up there new lightning at some point. It’s got all the great features of the lazer except it is much lighter. Great product.

Comment

• Speedbag
                      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                      As of now
                      1. Jim Bradley pro ball
                      2. Cleto Reyes
                      3. title platinum perilous
                      4. Everlast 4200- “ made in u.s.a.”
                      5. Everlast 4207 1984 olympics “made in u.s.a.”(I see you ventanakaz)
                      For my hands, Any top five list has to include Roni's bulgarian bags. I have two (Thanks Yanitza Miteva) and they are the fastest per size and the lightest on the hands I've felt since Jim Bradley's. His workmanship is impeccable, perfect shape per size and extremely fast. Yes, they are more expensive and you can buy 3 or 4 other bags for the price of one Roni, but you won't regret it. My only wish is for a slightly thinner attachment loop, but they do fit on my current ball hooks. He prefers to list his bags via Facebook and Instagram. He usually makes one or two at a time or for personal orders. He ships from Sofia Bulgaria and you get it in a week.

https://www.instagram.com/ronispeedbag/

https://www.facebook.com/Roni-speed-bag-847686525571067

his youtube channel.
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYv...ixATiaw/videos

Attached Files
                      Last edited by Speedbag; 01-04-2021, 07:41 PM.
                      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                      The Quest Continues...
                      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Pete
                        • Nov 2020

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

For my hands, Any top five list has to include Roni's bulgarian bags. I have two (Thanks Yanitza Miteva) and they are the fastest per size and the lightest on the hands I've felt since Jim Bradley's. His workmanship is impeccable, perfect shape per size and extremely fast. Yes, they are more expensive and you can buy 3 or 4 other bags for the price of one Roni, but you won't regret it. My only wish is for a slightly thinner attachment loop, but they do fit on my current ball hooks. He prefers to list his bags via Facebook and Instagram. He usually makes one or two at a time or for personal orders. He ships from Sofia Bulgaria and you get it arrives in a week.

https://www.instagram.com/ronispeedbag/

https://www.facebook.com/Roni-speed-bag-847686525571067

his youtube channel.
                        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYv...ixATiaw/videos

Perfect, I just ordered one earlier tonight. The Bradley and Ronis were on the top of my list. He is a extremely talented artist and I look forward to trying it out. Couldn't have been nicer too.

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Pete View Post

Perfect, I just ordered one earlier tonight. The Bradley and Ronis were on the top of my list. He is a extremely talented artist and I look forward to trying it out. Couldn't have been nicer too.
                          Your hands will love it #Fast&Light
                          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...