• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

Banned from Title Boxing

Apparently I’ve been banned from ordering from title boxing. Is this happening to anyone else. I bought a new title gyro bag from a seller on eBay for $31.99 and free shipping. Great deal, so I bought one. There were four available. Received the bag, new as advertised. Well, a few weeks later I get a phone call from title boxing saying the credit card company refunded the purchase. I checked my statement online, the charge was still there. Oh, when I got the bag in the mail I thought it was odd that it wasn’t my name and address on the invoice. It was somebody else. The title rep I spoke with on the phone says I can’t order anymore from them. This has been over a year ago, and every time I try to order online I get the boot once I give my address. I’m wondering if anyone here bought one of the other three bags and then got banned.
    Last edited by riqal; 12-05-2020, 08:25 AM.
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

Hmm. I've had a few (two) issues with them when ordering directly since a call with a customer service rep went nowhere regarding me receiving the wrong size bladders. The most recent time was me ordering a Title yellow 5" from amazon via Title. The transaction went through but days later I received an email informing me that they had cancelled my order with no explanation and that my card was being refunded, which it was. I guess they recognize my address? Had my wife order the bag for me and delivered to her office. That worked.

I don't know if I am "banned" but I do look for alternatives to dealing directly with them, I want a 5'Perilous backup bag so I'll order through the wife for that. they like her
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• riqal
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
      Hmm. I've had a few (two) issues with them when ordering directly since a call with a customer service rep went nowhere regarding me receiving the wrong size bladders. The most recent time was me ordering a Title yellow 5" from amazon via Title. The transaction went through but days later I received an email informing me that they had cancelled my order with no explanation and that my card was being refunded, which it was. I guess they recognize my address? Had my wife order the bag for me and delivered to her office. That worked.

I don't know if I am "banned" but I do look for alternatives to dealing directly with them, I want a 5'Perilous backup bag so I'll order through the wife for that. they like her
      Absolutely there are alternative ways to order, but I think I’m done with title bags. In my case I think what happened was someone bought some gyros from title, received the bags, disputed the purchase on their credit card, kept the bags unopened and then listed them on EBay. What got under my skin a little was the phone conversation with the title rep. They were talking like I was responsible for “stealing” their Speedbag. I told them the invoice didn’t have my name on it. It was some lady’s name, and the rep told me I needed to contact the lady and get her to pay for the Speedbag. That’s pretty much when I decided to end the conversation. Oddly, the eBay seller no longer existed. Oh well, as long as I have my everlast MX and my cleto, I can live without Title.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by riqal View Post
        Apparently I’ve been banned from ordering from title boxing. Is this happening to anyone else. I bought a new title gyro bag from a seller on eBay for $31.99 and free shipping. Great deal, so I bought one. There were four available. Received the bag, new as advertised. Well, a few weeks later I get a phone call from title boxing saying the credit card company refunded the purchase. I checked my statement online, the charge was still there. Oh, when I got the bag in the mail I thought it was odd that it wasn’t my name and address on the invoice. It was somebody else. The title rep I spoke with on the phone says I can’t order anymore from them. This has been over a year ago, and every time I try to order online I get the boot once I give my address. I’m wondering if anyone here bought one of the other three bags and then got banned.
        Sorry you had a problem with them. There is some wierd stuff going on in speed bag sales these days. I see bags for Title listed on ebay an other places, and that particular bag, like the yellow 8x5, their yellow and black 11x8 and the big blue 12x10 are no longer available on their site. When you click on that picture it goes to a different bag. ?? So I would question and "affiliate" sites selling "pictured bags" that are no longer actually available.

I personally have the option to order via the 'wholesaler' site, which is about 15-20% cheaper than their retail site, and I do not see any of those older model title speed bags still available. It looks like a few of the "title speed bags" have changed so buyer beware. I'm seeing at least 3 bags for sale on ebay right now that are NOT listed on titleboxing site anymore. So I would check with the buyer to be sure they actually have that bag in hand.
        Last edited by Speedbag; 12-05-2020, 02:59 PM.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• hdalter
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Dec 2020

Wow, I would probably be done with Title if they did that to me. I do like some of their bags but there are much better options out there (Balazs, Cleyto, etc.). I just ordered a Title Black 2.0 and a perilous from Forza sports via ebay because they didn't charge shipping. I hope I don't have the same experience. I have noticed the quality control seems to have dropped with Title...maybe due to the covid craziness. I received a pretty deformed Title yellow and the lightning fast swivel I ordered via Amazon wasn't uniform. Both were refunded minus shipping.

Comment

• pinzpirate
            • Feb 2020

Their quality was slipping long before COVID in my opinion It seems Ringside hired the more desirable Pakistan labor force
            I don't have a lot of gear to compare but sadly too many brands appear to be going the way of Everlast

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...