• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mud_dogg
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2020

Bible style with title lighting swivel

Hey wondering if you can do bible style speed bagging with the lightning speed bag swivel or do I need to get a new swivel?
    thx for the help!
  • pinzpirate
    • Feb 2020

You can do a lot with a U-bolt swivel if you stick with it you will eventually want to switch to a ball type especially for side punches and other more advanced combos A ball swivel makes you hit the bag better with more control Check Return of the Arc thread on this forum Rusty's swivels are available right now truly a luxury Good Luck

Comment

• PunchDrummer
      • Jan 2012

I started with a U-Bolt, much to the chagrin of Alan. I think it helped me develop a more precise striking pattern and was a worthwhile endeavor. I eventually switched to the Deville custom ball-hook, which is the Cadillac of swivels (IMHO), and I love it (them) dearly. I'm convinced that the U-Bolt gave me a discipline that I otherwise would have missed-out on, but I have to admit, a quality ball-hook is king. Have fun - the more exposure to different equipment, the better.

Comment

• BagBoy
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Mud_dogg View Post
        Hey wondering if you can do bible style speed bagging with the lightning speed bag swivel or do I need to get a new swivel?
        thx for the help!
        Yes you can. With limitations that you will soon realize.

..A bit like driving a car with 3 tires. 3 out of 4 ain't bad, but..
        Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Christine
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jan 2020

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
          Yes you can. With limitations that you will soon realize.

..A bit like driving a car with 3 tires. 3 out of 4 ain't bad, but..
          Oh please *Eye Roll* Just say what you think like a normal person without all the wabblegabble.

Comment

• BagBoy
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Christine View Post

Oh please *Eye Roll* Just say what you think like a normal person without all the wabblegabble.
            Sorry for trying to sneak one by you, Christine. If memory serves you had to admonish me back when you had the whopping cache of 3 posts but now that you're way up to 8 posts, I grant you cart blanche to govern me accordingly.

Peace be with you, my sister of the bag.
            Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Mud_dogg View Post
              thx for the help!
              It IS possible to do "Bible Style" Bagging with the Lightning Swivel by Title Boxing, as shown below.

However the long narrow width of the "U" will let the bag slide down when hit from certain angles. I suggest if you have to use that swivel, tape the bag strap tightly to the center of the bar, as shown on this page. (click U-Bar link and scroll down)

Attached Files
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Mud_dogg
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Nov 2020

Thanks everyone for the replies! I will give the tape thing a try at first. Spent a lot on the lighting swivel and ball and wife will try to kill me if I replace it right away. I’ll probably replace it once I get a bit better using it. Anyone know if they are a standard hole patern or will I have to drill. We holes in my platform? Also what arc swivel do u recommend for newbies to bible style (experienced in boxing style)

Comment

• pinzpirate
                  • Feb 2020

Rusty's $50 MkII is a great swivel pick your color Arcs and Title use the same hole pattern as Everlast they were the standard in the good old days

Comment

• Cazbag
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Sep 2018

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post

Sorry for trying to sneak one by you, Christine. If memory serves you had to admonish me back when you had the whopping cache of 3 posts but now that you're way up to 8 posts, I grant you cart blanche to govern me accordingly.

Peace be with you, my sister of the bag.
                    Ha! Your colorful analogy is annoying?? Here I thought someone typing "Oh please, *eyeroll* is the cake taker here on the level of super-annoyance!!!

Comment

• Mickey Dix
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Jul 2019

[QUOTE=Mud_dogg;n123441]Thanks everyone for the replies! I will give the tape thing a try at first. Spent a lot on the lighting swivel and ball and wife will try to kill me if I replace it right away. I’ll probably replace it once I get a bit better using it. Anyone know if they are a standard hole patern or will I have to drill. We holes in my platform? Also what arc swivel do u recommend for newbies to bible style (experienced in boxing style) welcome Mudd dog to the forum you are gonna like this place.When you do pick up a ball hook swivel (I suggest the arcswivel)it’s not like you are replacing your lightning swivel you are just adding a different element to your arsenal!!!! Many switch out there swivels often and some have more then one platform so you can have different setups.Sounds like an obsession is starting. Good luck

Comment

• pinzpirate
                        • Feb 2020

Dix is right hopefully when you buy gear your diversifying it's not like you toss out the stuff already have The new Arcs' are great

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...