Is the speed bag worth buying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the speed bag worth buying?

I know speed bags are mainly used in boxing but I am looking to improve my punching speed. I don't have time to go down to the gym more than once or twice a week because I'm in a year of exam revision and I need some way to speed up my punching. Should I buy one?

Yes for sure you will not regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by anniesmith View Post
      Should I buy one?
      If you get bit by the bug you'll be buying a lot more than one!

Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post

If you get bit by the bug you'll be buying a lot more than one!
        I got bit and I'm on bag number 3! It has definitely increased my punching speed, but not only that my arms and shoulders have increased in size. Endurance is up as well after around a month or so of practice. Started out hitting 30 seconds, and I'm up to about 5 minutes now per session. I love it!

The "title classic black" was best bang for the buck for sure. Loving my new kangaroo leather everlast for now though!

Comment

Hi anniesmith, I will let others answer the speed. But for what it's worth from my prospective every speed bag should come with a warning label that state "WARNING THIS SPEED BAG MAY BECOME AN ADDICTION"

Comment

Originally posted by dad View Post
            Hi anniesmith, I will let others answer the speed. But for what it's worth from my prospective every speed bag should come with a warning label that state "WARNING THIS SPEED BAG MAY BECOME AN ADDICTION"
            Not all bags would deserve such a label.
            Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

Not knowing for sure what you want punch faster Speed bags are fun and reasonably inexpensive
              When hitting a speed bag you have to hold your arms up and keep them moving Once you acquire
              basic skills it becomes a pretty good upper body work out The nature of it will definitely help you get
              your arms moving faster which will apply to other punching exercises

Comment

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post

Not all bags would deserve such a label.
                Good point

Comment

YES, Join the Cult

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...
                  X