X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glus
    • Apr 2020

Everlast's use of "Gyro Balanced" marketing

From what I've read here, Everlast began using the "Gyro Balanced" marketing as early as the 1950s, or so. But there seems to be some inconsistency.

I was informed the worn bag top middle can be as old as 1960 or so (though inside it's stamped with xx-xx-1971), and it does have the Gyro labeling.

The older 4210 does not, and is 70s, maybe late 60s? The newer 4210 one from 90s or later (inset) does have it, as does the 4213, from 80s I guess.

The 4200 does not, but presumably because of the Olympic logo in its place.

- Were there inconsistencies with this labeling from Everlast, over the years?

- Was the Gyro marketing just picked up by Title, after Everlast stopped using it? There's no "TM" there so maybe Everlast never trademarked it.

Thanks for any info,
    -Nick.

Attached Files
    Last edited by glus; 09-12-2020, 08:46 PM. Reason: too wordy
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Yes, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason how the term was used. I have a 4205 and a 4207 that as far as I have been able to determine that date from the mid to late 1950's.I They both have the "Gyro-Balanced" label on them. I also have a 4210 that has this label on it, dating from the 1980's. This one has the pebble finish on it,which would date it pretty late in production. My other 4205 has the Atlanta Olympic emblem on it. Supposedly they started using "Gyro-Balanced" when they started selling to the general sporting goods market rather than sticking strictly to the pro boxing market which had been their main source of income prior to the Second World War.

Comment

• rdshackleford
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2016

the term "gyro balanced" is pure marketing horseshit used primarily on boxing speed bags, but a few other uses can be found. prove me wrong.
      @ArcSwivel
      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• pinzpirate
        • Feb 2020

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
        the term "gyro balanced" is pure marketing horseshit used primarily on boxing speed bags, but a few other uses can be found. prove me wrong.
        A case in your point The early tire balance machines that spun the wheel and tire used gyro scope technology They replaced the static or
        old style "bubble" balance machines I suspect modern machines use electronic sensors for evertthing

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...