• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • srt2fast4u
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jul 2008

How do I know if I have the right amount of air

I am 2 days into my speedbag journey and feel I am getting the hang of it. I have the everlast adjustable mount with the pro 7x10 bag. Now I pumped up the bag and it says no more the 4 lbs but I have no Idea what that would feel like. I have it so I can push in the bag with my hand slightley almost like a basketball. I can tell that its slightley out of shape as other people have complained but I think I saw someone say after awile it will break in.
    Also what is the split on gloves I have not been using them but are most of you using some kind of glove to help.

Thanks alot in advance
  • EazyDuziT
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jul 2008

They have gauges to check the PSI...maybe you can bring it to a local sporting goods store and have them check it for you?? Gloves are just to protect your hands. IMO they are not neccessary. I wear wraps sometimes but thats just me. my 2 cents.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by srt2fast4u View Post
      I am 2 days into my speedbag journey and feel I am getting the hang of it. I have the everlast adjustable mount with the pro 7x10 bag. Now I pumped up the bag and it says no more the 4 lbs but I have no Idea what that would feel like. I have it so I can push in the bag with my hand slightley almost like a basketball. I can tell that its slightley out of shape as other people have complained but I think I saw someone say after awile it will break in.

Also what is the split on gloves I have not been using them but are most of you using some kind of glove to help.

Thanks alot in advance
      You're way of determining the right amount air is just about the same way it is recommended under "BAG TIPS" on speedbagcentral.com

The leather should be smooth, firm and have just a bit of give to it when you hit. You might not feel the bag give a bit on punches if your wear gloves or hand covering, but hitting bare handed you should feel just a bit of give on 3/4 power or full power punching. Having the bag slightly over inflated will make it faster and feel like you're punching a brick. Slightly underinflated will make it slower and it will feel mushy with a flat sounding rebound.

hope it helps.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

If it hurts your hand, it's too much air (as Alan mentiond "like punching a brick")

As long as it rebounds nicely, it's not go too little air.

You don't have to get too scientific. After a short amount of time, you'll know what feels right.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...