• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RochesterDave
    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jul 2008

Best workout yet with new speed bag

Hi Everyone!

just had to share my enthusiasm - due to the bladder problems i was having with my 4210 and my curiosity for how a smaller bag would work, i purchased an everlast pro series 210806 9x6 speed bag (thanks for the recommendation to the smaller bag, tim). all i can say is AMAZING! not sure if its the bag or things just coming together for me but it was my best and most productive workout yet. what a nice change from the 11x8. everything just seemed to flow with this bag. moves, such as linking into downward elbow strikes were really working for me. i feel as if i worked hours with the 11x8 and couldn't get certain moves to 'pop', where with the 9x6, they were almost happening by themselves. it all made sense to me tonight and i really feel as if i am straightening the wheel on the road to speed bag enlightenment. thank you, so much everyone - speedbagging continues to change my life by the minute!
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Glad to hear it works for you! 9x6 is a good size, 11x8 is too big in my opinion unless you are really trying to develop power.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Yep. That's what a change can do. New board, new swivel, new bag, - just something different and all of a sudden all the pieces start to fit together. I call them "Eureka moments" when suddenly new ideas and combinations came together. And they normally come in bunches when it happens. Almost like the sum total of 30 workouts suddenly falls into place.

At this point, you'll notice: Everything you've done before suddently gets easier. The bag doesn't seem so fast anymore, and your thinking two or three combinations ahead while your punching. You'll just feel them.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...