• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jackbag
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2008

Help Finding Vintage Platform

I have recently aquired a vintage platform from my grandfather. It is a cast iron ring intead of a wood platform. The crossbars form an X to mount the swivel.

The problem is my brother is just as active in boxing as I am. I wanted the platform for purely sentimental value as I already have a nice set-up. He on the other hand, wanted it to install in his house (he has no set-up).

I think the iron ring gives a little better action and I know that's why he was looking to get it.

Does anyone know where I could get a line on a similar set-up for my brother?

thanks in advance for your help.
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

If you can take a picture of it and post it on the forum, there are some very knowledgable people who may be able to help you out. Good luck.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jackbag View Post
      I have recently aquired a vintage platform from my grandfather. It is a cast iron ring intead of a wood platform. The crossbars form an X to mount the swivel.

The problem is my brother is just as active in boxing as I am. I wanted the platform for purely sentimental value as I already have a nice set-up. He on the other hand, wanted it to install in his house (he has no set-up).

I think the iron ring gives a little better action and I know that's why he was looking to get it.

Does anyone know where I could get a line on a similar set-up for my brother?

thanks in advance for your help.
      I don't know that they are even made anymore. Rebound rings are definitely old school but they are great for the right size bag. A board adapts to any bag, but a ring does not, so if you have one made it will have to be made in an exact size for the belly of the bag to contact the ring.
      I haven't seen rebound rings in a long long time.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...