• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Work out at home or at the gym?

Just curious, seems like most of us (at least the regular posters) all work out a home. Who works out a gym?
    Work out at home
    72.22%
    Work out a gym or other public facility
    27.78%
  • fingers
    Speed Bag Guru
    • May 2008

hi well i train on the weights at the gym and speed bag & heavy bag in my garage i think its mostly the boxing gyms that have speed bags! well in the UK that is.

Comment

• Roc Stone
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2007

I'll have to sit on the fence on this one.

I got the best platform in the area at home but I got 5 different platforms at my local gym (and 3DEB's, 3 heavies and 1 heavy spring).

Sorry, I'll have to go one each way.
      sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        Just curious, seems like most of us (at least the regular posters) all work out a home. Who works out a gym?
        I do speed bag mostly at home, and go to the Y or golds to do several other fitness activities.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

I do all my speed bag training at home. For the last 6 years, I have done all my weight training on a home gym I purchased.

Occasionally I'll visit the local Y and work out.

Comment

• speedbag4life
            • Jun 2007

Several years ago I had a set-up at home, but since moving in 2004 I've gone to a gym to hit the bag. It's not so bad -- great way to meet new speedbag fans!

Comment

• jackmcmanus21
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Jun 2008

my gym has a lot of striking equipment....some heavy bags, some thai bags, few speed bags.....i do a lot of my work there

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jan 2008

I live in a rural area and there are no gyms...lol...so I set up my own for my daughter and me to workout. I have speedbag, double end bag, heavy bag, jump ropes, maze bag, punch mitts, bench, olympic weight set, kettle bells, elipiticle machine, home made lat pulldown station and a gravity home gym. we get a nice varried workout and can isolate body parts or do full body workouts.

Comment

• Bolo900
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • May 2008

I do all of my bag workouts at home.. that consists of a heavy bag, speed bag and double ended bag.. As far as the gym i go to my local 24 hour fitness up the block from my house 4 days a week. I also go to LA boxing twice a week for 1 1/2 hour training class..

Comment

• metaldad
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2007

I work out at home. Although my garage is presently a shambles I have all my weights , heavy bag, speed bag, double end bag, and wooden dummy there. I also have a power tower for pull ups, dips, knee raises. I can't argue against going to a gym as there are plenty of folks who love it, I personally don't feel comfortable there. However, I wouldn't mind meeting with a good trainer once or twice weekly for some quality instruction.
                    Last edited by metaldad; 06-18-2008, 12:21 PM. Reason: had more to add to post
                    sigpic

Comment

• metaldad
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by toolboxdiver View Post
                      I live in a rural area and there are no gyms...lol...so I set up my own for my daughter and me to workout. I have speedbag, double end bag, heavy bag, jump ropes, maze bag, punch mitts, bench, olympic weight set, kettle bells, elipiticle machine, home made lat pulldown station and a gravity home gym. we get a nice varried workout and can isolate body parts or do full body workouts.
                      alot of people swearing by the kettle bells lately
                      sigpic

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Nov 2007

At home for me! I never seen one in a gym here in the UK, like 'Fingers' said you would only get them in a boxing gym.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...