• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rockadoo22
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2008

Help with new speed bag,please

I bought an Everlast Professional model 210806 at Dick's Sporting Goods.The bag it came in had the model number,210806 on the bottom,but curiously,an L on another part of the bag.From what I have learned on the internet,the 210806 is a Small model.It is about 8 1/2 by 5 1/2.I bought it thinking it was a larger one,due to the "L" on the bag.I haven't tried it out yet,and if I like it,I will keep it,but I'm pretty new at this and I don't know if it will be too difficult for me at this size.Anyone know why they would have a small bag in a bag marked L? Thanks
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Unfortunately, you're running into a couple of speed bag inconsistencies. First, there is very little standardization in what is called "small - medium - large" speed bag sizes. Some think a 9x6 is "small" and some think it's "medium" Same thing for a 10x7.

Second, The retail industry adds another set of inconsistencies, in product quality, pricing and sizing. In all honesty, In the past few years I haven't seen a bag sold in a retail store that I would buy. They are not consistent in sizes or leather quality to the models sold via the mail order or online outlets.

That said, I would take the bag back and ask to see another bag that looks bigger. You could ask someone in the store about it but where I live the staff working in the local sporting good stores are mostly college kids and not well informed on the products they sell. Not one that I ever met knew anything relevant about speed bag equipment, but it might be different where you live.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• fingers
      Speed Bag Guru
      • May 2008

Originally posted by rockadoo22 View Post
      I bought an Everlast Professional model 210806 at Dick's Sporting Goods.The bag it came in had the model number,210806 on the bottom,but curiously,an L on another part of the bag.From what I have learned on the internet,the 210806 is a Small model.It is about 8 1/2 by 5 1/2.I bought it thinking it was a larger one,due to the "L" on the bag.I haven't tried it out yet,and if I like it,I will keep it,but I'm pretty new at this and I don't know if it will be too difficult for me at this size.Anyone know why they would have a small bag in a bag marked L? Thanks
      hi first bag i realy liked was the everlast 8x5 worth persevering!!

Comment

• rockadoo22
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • May 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        Unfortunately, you're running into a couple of speed bag inconsistencies. First, there is very little standardization in what is called "small - medium - large" speed bag sizes. Some think a 9x6 is "small" and some think it's "medium" Same thing for a 10x7.

Second, The retail industry adds another set of inconsistencies, in product quality, pricing and sizing. In all honesty, In the past few years I haven't seen a bag sold in a retail store that I would buy. They are not consistent in sizes or leather quality to the models sold via the mail order or online outlets.

That said, I would take the bag back and ask to see another bag that looks bigger. You could ask someone in the store about it but where I live the staff working in the local sporting good stores are mostly college kids and not well informed on the products they sell. Not one that I ever met knew anything relevant about speed bag equipment, but it might be different where you live.
        What are some of these online outlets you speak of? Thanks.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by rockadoo22 View Post
          What are some of these online outlets you speak of? Thanks.

Title boxing

Ringside boxing

Amber Sports

Everlast
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...