• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

Cleto-friendly tri-hook

A good friend and friend to the forum (cazbag) generously gave me a Cleto Reyes 6x9 Mexican colors bag. Whoop-whoop! Thank you, sir.

Now I can post somewhat intelligently and with a little experience with the cletos.

The only issue I noticed on the first day was my Arc Tri-hook didn't fit the cleto loop very well. Here is what I came up with.

@ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic
  • LouisvilleBagr
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jun 2019

It gets even better with time. This Cleto has been on the Tri-hook for a few weeks. It seems like the thick leather loop spreads out perfectly into shape.
    Attached Files

Comment

• rdshackleford
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2016

If you inspect it closely, your Cleto is still rubbing and binding on the tri-hook. Not optimal.
      @ArcSwivel
      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jun 2019

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
        If you inspect it closely, your Cleto is still rubbing and binding on the tri-hook. Not optimal.
        I actually kind of like that. At first it threw the bag slightly out of balance. After punching it out a bit the loop seemed to kind of sink in there and form fit. Now it is balanced and feels a bit more stable (to me at least).

Comment

• Cazbag
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2018

How does the Ringside Heritage fit on the hook? I have heard it is pretty thick and meaty as well?

Comment

• Cazbag
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2018

And your most welcome Sir!... after all thanks to you the greatest performing best damn looking swivel is centerpiece in most of our setups in the bagging world!

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jun 2019

Originally posted by Cazbag View Post
              How does the Ringside Heritage fit on the hook? I have heard it is pretty thick and meaty as well?
              I have had a little more trouble getting the Heritage to ‘form fit’, like the Cletos have. My Heritage has a thick loop that is not one solid piece...the leather is folded over creating a loose seam on the underside. It’s difficult to remove without pulling this loose piece of leather out. It doesn’t hurt the loop, as I just tuck the leather back in after use. I just can’t seem to get that side of the loop to form fit.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Cazbag
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Sep 2018

That looks like a candidate for the "Big Boy" tri-hook!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...