• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

Title has a new platform

Oh my god it’s a monster! Check out the price.
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

looks like overpriced junk. 21" drum, so small bags only. They had to put their lightning swivel on because the drum is so small. 3 pieces of oak stacked and glued, big whoop.
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• riqal
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2006

Oh it’s definitely overpriced. I honestly can’t believe anyone would be foolish enough to buy it.

Comment

• Cazbag
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2018

One of the pics there's a huge gap between the top plate and board, that screams quality. The hardware isn't included either, but is a very reasonable price!

Comment

• Dutchman
          Speed Bag Historian
          • Jun 2006

If it had been a 30" platform, I might consider it "oversized",but at 21" you aren't going to be able to use anything but the smallest bags. IMHO it's way overpriced for what you get.

Comment

• BagBoy
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2018

That is one STIFF price. Whoa! I could pop into a local woodwork place and get something identical (drum only of course) for $250.CA - Shipping included! #MyTruck

Does Title have a problem with ball-hook? They love to push that lightning fast swivel, made by someone you might not want in your house.
            Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Dutchman
              Speed Bag Historian
              • Jun 2006

That is the popular style swivel in boxing nowadays. The trainers that still utilize the speed bag primarily use it for eye hand co ordination and to teach the fighters to keep their hands up. They don't consider "bible style" hitting to be of any use.

Comment

• BagBoy
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                That is the popular style swivel in boxing nowadays. The trainers that still utilize the speed bag primarily use it for eye hand co ordination and to teach the fighters to keep their hands up. They don't consider "bible style" hitting to be of any use.
                I can understand why they (boxers) stick with the U-bolt. If Tyson Fury was busy trying to master page 152 of the Speed Bag Bible on a ball hook it would demand so much time that it would take away from his actual boxing training. (lousy example, I know) But to think that "Bible Style" is of no benefit, is absurd IMO, or perhaps it's just ignorant and we can't blame anybody for being ignorant, can we?. It is however ironic that Title makes some of the best Bible Style bags. Perhaps their thinking fully answers why they don't seem to be interested in manufacturing the Alan Kahn signature speed bag. And that IMO is just choosing to be on the side of ignorance. Apologies.. so many opinions

I have the lightning fast swivel, and yes it lives up to it's name, especially with a Cleto 6". That IMO is one great combo.
                Last edited by BagBoy; 09-21-2019, 12:42 AM.
                Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• riqal
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2006

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post

I have the lightning fast swivel, and yes it lives up to it's name, especially with a Cleto 6". That IMO is one great combo.
                  I too have the lighting fast swivel. You’re right, it works great with the 6” cleto. And as far as that oversized title platform having to have the lighting fast swivel because of the drum diameter, well that’s not a bad thing at all. The other u-bolts pale in comparison. The oversized platform is ideal for boxers who use small bags to work on speed. However, the price. Forget it. I would rather buy the balazs pro platform with the 24” maple wood drum and order an extra drum. About a third of the price of the oversized platform. And this may be an unpopular opinion but I don’t care for biblestyle speedbagging. Gave it a try years ago, but I’ve found that what I like the most is to go boxing style for about 10 straight minutes on a smaller bag, and then do about five minutes on a larger bag to work on power. For me it’s just about getting a good workout and I prefer to throw straight punches.
                  Last edited by riqal; 09-21-2019, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• dad
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Dec 2018

I’ve been speed bagging for over 50 years, the first 46 Boxer Style, it’s fun and great exercise however I have to say I never got as much enjoyment out of the bag as I have with Bible Style bagging It is just so challenging for me and it seems like there’s no end to that challenge.
                    They don't consider "bible style" hitting to be of any use.
                    Their probably right for a BOXER but for others it is of great use.
                    Just wanted to say, in speed bagging there plenty of room for all of us.

Comment

• Cazbag
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2018

Certainly, to each their own! Exercise, hobby, or both... it is whatever you want it be in any style you want it. I remember the first time a buddy showed me a video of Brian Tichy punching to Metallica. I had never seen that style before and thought hell I can do that.... was not the case and said hell with that it's useless anyhow! Then years later decided to give it an honest effort and been hooked ever since.

Comment

• Zaz
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Sep 2018

21 inch platform and they call it oversized?!?! Oversized but only for small bags...

Comment

• Cazbag
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Sep 2018

The price is the "oversized" part

Comment

• rdshackleford
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Oct 2016

Can somebody please explain what this could possibly mean? Makes no sense. "21” oak platform delivers just the right size striking area so that any excess movement is greatly reduced"
                            @ArcSwivel
                            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• riqal
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                              Can somebody please explain what this could possibly mean? Makes no sense. "21” oak platform delivers just the right size striking area so that any excess movement is greatly reduced"
                              Maybe they mean excess vibration is reduced

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...