• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NJspeedbagger
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2019

Ringside vs Title bag

Hi guys looking for opinions for my 6x9 purchase in the $40 range. I was comparing the Title super fast and the Ringside ultra rebound. Any thoughts or experience would be appreciated.
    thanks
    Vic
  • LouisvilleBagr
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jun 2019

Hi Vic,
    I'm reading great things about the Title Perilous. Looks like it is close to your price range. I recently started a 'favorite current bag' thread where some very wise folks gave me some great feedback. It may help you in your search?

If I could only buy one current 6x9 bag it would be the Cleto. It's a little more expensive, but is worth every penny. Also comes with extra bladder.
    Last edited by LouisvilleBagr; 08-26-2019, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• BagBoy
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2018

I have the ringside and it's a poor mans cleto. Awhile back I asked the forum about the title ultra rebound bag and other members gave it a 5 out o' 10 kind of rating. Are you currently using a U-bolt swivel? Those bags (because of their shape) work best IMO on a U. Louisville is right about the title perilous bag. That thing will move like there's no tomorrow. But none of them beat the Cleto for Ubolt. And Cleto's will flood the bag room with the smell of a fine leather shop. Even months later, not that that matters.. but they smell great.
      Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jun 2019

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
        I have the ringside and it's a poor mans cleto. Awhile back I asked the forum about the title ultra rebound bag and other members gave it a 5 out o' 10 kind of rating. Are you currently using a U-bolt swivel? Those bags (because of their shape) work best IMO on a U. Louisville is right about the title perilous bag. That thing will move like there's no tomorrow. But none of them beat the Cleto for Ubolt. And Cleto's will flood the bag room with the smell of a fine leather shop. Even months later, not that that matters.. but they smell great.
        Very well said, BagBoy. I was going to go into detail about the look, feel and smell of the Cletos, but I was afraid I would get carried away and violate some forum rules.

Comment

• rdshackleford
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2016

What Cletos in particular are you talking about? Any of them?
          @ArcSwivel
          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jun 2019

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
            I have the Cleto small, which I believe is the 6x9 and the Large (7x10). Both ordered a few months ago, both of equal and exceptional quality. If I was forced to give up all current bags except one ( someone would have to pry them from my cold dead hands, so this is hypothetical ), I would choose to keep the Cleto small.

side note: the Cleto bags and the Arc swivels seem like they were made for each other. The thick Cleto loop fits perfectly on the Arc tri hook.
            Last edited by LouisvilleBagr; 08-27-2019, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• rdshackleford
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2016

Originally posted by LouisvilleBagr View Post
              ...side note: the Cleto bags and the Arc swivels seem like they were made for each other. The thick Cleto loop fits perfectly on the Arc tri hook.
              The really cool thing about being a "maker", is if I have a bag I really like and it doesn't fit the tri-hook, I will make a new version that does.
              @ArcSwivel
              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Cazbag
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Sep 2018

I love my Cleto 8x5. I had it for quite awhile before I even liked it, or could hit it with any real success. I figured out that I was hitting it too low adjusted my aim and things started grooving. Then I got the Arc and love took hold!

Comment

• BagBoy
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Jan 2018

All of them. The mini XXS is awesome for Bible style.
                  Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jun 2019

The really cool thing about being a "maker", is if I have a bag I really like and it doesn't fit the tri-hook, I will make a new version that does.
                    I would love to have five minutes alone with your junk drawer.

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Jun 2019

Originally posted by NJspeedbagger View Post
                      Hi guys looking for opinions for my 6x9 purchase in the $40 range. I was comparing the Title super fast and the Ringside ultra rebound. Any thoughts or experience would be appreciated.
                      thanks
                      Vic
                      Vic,
                      If you are set on the Ultra-rebound and maybe on a tight budget, PM me your address and I'll send you this one. Then the move would be to parlay the $40 into one of those Arc swivels, its definitely a game changer
                      Last edited by LouisvilleBagr; 08-27-2019, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• NJspeedbagger
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Jan 2019

Thanks for the offer extremely generous. I already have an Arc and really one of the main reasons I was looking at the Ultra was I have a bunch of Dicks sporting goods gift cards and besides the Ultra the only other decent bag they have is the Title platinum which I already have. I may just go for a Cleto based on yours and others comments.
                        thanks again for the offer though
                        Vic

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Jun 2019

Originally posted by NJspeedbagger View Post
                          Thanks for the offer extremely generous. I already have an Arc and really one of the main reasons I was looking at the Ultra was I have a bunch of Dicks sporting goods gift cards and besides the Ultra the only other decent bag they have is the Title platinum which I already have. I may just go for a Cleto based on yours and others comments.
                          thanks again for the offer though
                          Vic
                          You are most welcome. Now that I know you have the Arc, get the Cleto. You will not regret it. I sometimes wonder about which bags being produced now people like us will be hunting for in 20 years? New old stock Cleto's have to be on the short list.
                          Last edited by LouisvilleBagr; 08-27-2019, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• Mickey Dix
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Jul 2019

Originally posted by LouisvilleBagr View Post

I have the Cleto small, which I believe is the 6x9 and the Large (7x10). Both ordered a few months ago, both of equal and exceptional quality. If I was forced to give up all current bags except one ( someone would have to pry them from my cold dead hands, so this is hypothetical ), I would choose to keep the Cleto small.

side note: the Cleto bags and the Arc swivels seem like they were made for each other. The thick Cleto loop fits perfectly on the Arc tri hook.
                            Thanks for the information. Haven’t hit the cleto yet but with all the positive feedback I think it will be my next bag!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...