• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NJspeedbagger
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2019

Platform choice

Hi Guys i am looking to throw up a first platform in my garage so I don't have to rely on the set up at the gym I go to anymore. I came across this Valor set up which looks to be a bit more beefy than others in the price range, it's $115 shipped. I don't really care about the swivel and bag as I already have an Arc and Title bag, and don't need adjustments because I am the only one hitting on it. Any input would be appreciated
    We are Valor Fitness, providing strength and conditioning equipment nationwide to beginner and professional athletes of all kinds! Our goal is to deliver quality fitness products at an affordable price, while building stronger communities and inspiring others to live a healthier lifestyle.

Thanks
    Vic
    Our bumper plates, benches, cross training equipment, power racks, cable crossover machines, bars, CrossFit equipment , and rigs fit into any budget.
  • Cazbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2018

Before I found materials to make my current platform I was really close to purchasing the beefier of the 2 X-Marks. Several forum members have it and in the pics and vids they have posted it looks to be very sturdy and drum looks great. I think it is a bit over $200 but looks like it is worth it. If I were to purchase one it is probably the first route I will take.

Comment

• rdshackleford
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2016

I have the beefier X-Mark. IMO, pound for pound and dollar for dollar the best adjustable platform on the market.
      @ArcSwivel
      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Cazbag
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2018

And even if you are the only one to use, the need for adjustability will always remain due to differences in bags, etc. I adjust my height with layers on the floor depending on bags as well as footwear. It works sure but it would be easier with an adjustable platform.

Comment

• rdshackleford
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2016

I sort of agree, but the reality is I prefer to use my fixed platform (custom made and totally awesome!) over the adjustable platform on a daily basis. Turns out that adjusting the "adjustable" platform takes time and effort. And after I adjust it, it takes a bit of time for it to settle in and be tightened up.

Also, the adjustable platforms always have some bounce you don't want.
          @ArcSwivel
          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• NJspeedbagger
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Jan 2019

Thanks guys my original plan was to make one as well but I have become impatient and just want to get something up. Zach I was already thinking of some of those foam mats on the floor for height adjustability
            thanks
            Vic

Comment

• Cazbag
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2018

Hmmm, the bounce factor is nothing I have had to contend with for a long time now. Perhaps varying the floor height is after all the more rock solid approach ! I know I had horrible bounce with the dual speed bag/ heavy bag stand that when I made the one I have I was all about no vibration. That is the only other at home experience I have so Rusty's experience is more valid. Stick with ur plan!

Comment

• Cazbag
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Sep 2018

1 thing that I am certain of is once you have a good solid setup that is equipped with an awesome swivel it's hard to imagine not having! You are half way there!

Comment

• rdshackleford
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Oct 2016

The "bounce" factor is very subjective. And all of the platforms at the gatherings have a huge amount of bounce, and yet none of the bible masters there had any trouble doing their magic on them.
                  @ArcSwivel
                  #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• BagBoy
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jan 2018

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                    The "bounce" factor is very subjective. And all of the platforms at the gatherings have a huge amount of bounce, and yet none of the bible masters there had any trouble doing their magic on them.
                    Isn't that the truth!! I've recently thrown an arc on my wobbly outdoor platform to help me adapt. I've gotten so comfortable with my bounce free inside setups. The challenging swivel on a bouncy board is a good thing.

BTW my lawns are incredible.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by BagBoy; 08-09-2019, 10:53 PM.
                    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Mickey Dix
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Jul 2019

I see you have the title gyro bag on your setup. How do you like that bag??

Comment

• Cazbag
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Sep 2018

Wow that is a luscious lawn! Is it ruling the neighborhood?
                        it took some time to get used to the "play" at the gathering, that and the mental aspect of being there. Surely it gets easier and faster to adapt to that setup the more visits you make to it? Irregardless I was very happy to return to "bounce free" factor, versus bounce for free.

Comment

• Cazbag
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Sep 2018

I can remember when I put up the current platform up thinking it would be a big game changer from dual freestanding wobblesome platform. Then I hit on on the new rock solid platform for the first time and was blown away. It certainly was a game changer but not in the positive fashion! I went backwards for a while as it was totally different feel and response. I remember realizing maybe it wasn't the platform, swivel, bags, etc. that were to blame for my shortcomings at that stage..

Comment

• rdshackleford
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Oct 2016

physics (mechanics) tells us a bag on a rock-steady platform will be faster than a bouncy platform.
                            @ArcSwivel
                            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Mickey Dix
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Jul 2019

I am also looking for a second platform. Not sure what kind I want to get? I have a Balazs adjustable but might go with the x-mark any suggestions?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...