• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brad
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2008

G&S Boxing

Has anyone tried a speed bag from G&S boxing? I learned of the company from a mention on the boxinggyms site. It sounds as if G&S is an old boxing supplier in New York City that hasn't gone the commercial route and still makes the real thing. I'm anxious to try thier bags or gloves and plan to, unless some negative experiences are posted.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I'm thinking I met some people from G&S Boxing years ago at a sporting goods show, but I have not used their equipment that I can remember.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• toolboxdiver
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      Has anyone tried a speed bag from G&S boxing? I learned of the company from a mention on the boxinggyms site. It sounds as if G&S is an old boxing supplier in New York City that hasn't gone the commercial route and still makes the real thing. I'm anxious to try thier bags or gloves and plan to, unless some negative experiences are posted.
      I bought a pair of G&S gloves for my daughter, the quality of the gloves is top notch but the run on the large size so the fist area was too large and I sold them on E Bay

Comment

• rainbowsixveg
        • Jun 2007

Yea I have alot of G&S equipment. I go there all the time. They have great things there. Good prices too. My dads good friends with the owner

Comment

• dmccjr
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Apr 2008

Hey rainbowsixveg, how much do those G&S bags run and what size do you use. In regards to quality how is the leather, better than Everlast Pro, Comprable to Cleto or Grant Pro? Toolboxdiver said they run a little large in the fist area, is this your experience as well and if not can you compare the fit to another glove? I've also checked out the site but have yet to venture to the store and so would like some info before going, thanks for input in advance, ciao.

Comment

• rainbowsixveg
            • Jun 2007

G&s

The speed bag size I use from there is 30 bucks and x-small. I also have there double end bag which runs for around 40$. There Heavy bags are great as well, all leather. I would say the quality of the gloves is they are very well made and have a good feel to them. I would compare them to the quality of a pro everlast glove. The grant pros I use for sparring and those are a little bit better but they are more money. The only problems that I ever had with there gloves was with the super heavy bag gloves. They were way to roomy. But all the other equipment is great. Overall it's a great local place with good prices

Comment

• dmccjr
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Apr 2008

Thanks for your candid and brutal honesty, I will check them out in NYC. Do you know if you can try the equipment out before buying and more importantly how do you like your Grants. Are they the bag gloves or training gloves, campeon or pro? What size is that small speedbag, 4x6 or 5x8.

Comment

• rainbowsixveg
                • Jun 2007

Grant boxing

I have the Camepon Grants and the pros at one of the gyms I go to. They are both very good. I have not tried there bag gloves yet. O Yea and at G&S they would let you try on the gloves of course but I dont know about using them. I use the x-small for the grant 4x6 pro

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...