• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

To the new forum members

If you've joined in the last few months and haven't looked through the older threads, you are missing some great information. The last week or so I have looked back at many older threads and have found some great information, especially in the Pictures and Videos forum.

There are many clips that people have posted and others have critiqued. This has been a valuable learning tool for me. Tim has posted many videos from a few years ago and Alan and others have made suggestions after viewing the clips. Many other members, some active, some no longer, also have posted up clips for review. After viewing the clips and reading the comments I really think I have avoided some potential problems. The time spent was well worth it to me, not to mention entertaining (especially Skunk's).

The single most valuable resource for me is (shameful plug for Alan's book coming) was the purchase of the Speed Bag Bible and DVD. The book provides an easy-to-read explanation of the terms used in the book, as well as easy-to-follow explanations of various skills, along with many photos and practice exercises. The DVD contains many of Alan's videos showing the different techniques and combinations, along with advice on safety. Great job, Speedbag.

Father's day is coming in a few months, maybe throw a few hints at your SO.

While I'm in the complimenting mood - thanks Tim for creating this site and helping spread the speed bagging word. [Where's that brown nose smilie???]
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
    While I'm in the complimenting mood - thanks Tim for creating this site and helping spread the speed bagging word. [Where's that brown nose smilie???]
    Thanks - my pleasure to help create something that brings us all together. I consider Alan the force behind this site really being great though, he selflessly devotes many, many hours to reviewing clips and providing detailed write-ups. He is truly one of the most generous people I've ever met. He shares his vast knowledge that has taken years to amass and gives the vast majority of it away for free ... a true saint. All that I do here to help others I attribute to trying to be like him. Truly one of the nicest people you could ever meet.

I'll second the plug for the bible, if you're serious about the speed bag, you need the DVD or book or both! Best money you will ever spend ... Any forum member can pick up either or both from Alan at a *fantastic discount*, send him a PM or e-mail
    Last edited by Tim; 04-02-2008, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• toolboxdiver
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2008

yes great job Tim, thanks for all your hard work

Comment

• alfred
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jan 2008

right

i,m new to the speed bag. thanks to you guys i'm personal doing pretty good on the bag. thanks alfred

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
          ...I have looked back at many older threads and have found some great information, especially in the Pictures and Videos forum...
          One of these days I'm going to go through all the older posts and move the really good stuff to a dedicated sub-forum, maybe I'll call it the "gold mine"...

Comment

• dmccjr
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Apr 2008

Hey Biff, I have searched but have gotten nothing back, maybe Tim or Toolboxdiver can help out, I posted a thread about a Title Precision Adjustable Speedbag Platform, haven't seen it in the video or pictures section and have been through two days of threads on it, any help would be appreciated. Lastly, I agree with everyone, I just got in contact with Alan and will order both, I've watched some incredible videos and setups and hope one day to stand out alongside of all you guys on this site, a feat still yet to be attained, ciao.

Comment

• dogtoke
              • Jun 2008

Good Stuff

Good stuff Biff. I've been hitting the bag on and off for 10 years or so but
              have never progressed beyond the basics. Front circle punch etc. I stumbled onto this site a couple months ago and it has opened up a whole new world. I have since gotten Alan's book and DVD. Boy oh boy do I have a long way to go. The stuff I have learned reading the old threads is a wealth of info. Thanks to all who post for sharing the wealth. I'm afraid I'm a hopeless addict.

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                Thanks - my pleasure to help create something that brings us all together. I consider Alan the force behind this site really being great though, he selflessly devotes many, many hours to reviewing clips and providing detailed write-ups. He is truly one of the most generous people I've ever met. He shares his vast knowledge that has taken years to amass and gives the vast majority of it away for free ... a true saint. All that I do here to help others I attribute to trying to be like him. Truly one of the nicest people you could ever meet.

I'll second the plug for the bible, if you're serious about the speed bag, you need the DVD or book or both! Best money you will ever spend ... Any forum member can pick up either or both from Alan at a *fantastic discount*, send him a PM or e-mail

Well thanks for those kind words. That means a lot of me. I do love to help folks try to understand how the bag and movements work. BUT IT TAKES A VILLIAGE and many members also jump in to help and offer advice. I know how to review a video clip to get a sense of skill and control, noticing both good and bag thinks. Then tell it in a helpful understandable way. I see many forum members do the same. I always knew there was a group like this out there, small pockets of speed bag affecionado's, talking bag to all who will listen. And TIM does give us a great site to share with each other.

The strengh of this site is the members continual focus on "BAG PUNCHING" ( HB, DEB, and SB). Many of the topics are completely about that which is great!! I bow my bags to the members that keep it moving with new ideas and video clips to look at.

Well, let's have a Birthday sale special. A BOOK-&-2hr training DVD & extra DVD with speed bag videoclips and music, all autographed normally $20.00, let's go $12.00 or the 4-DVD series, normally $79, low cost $45, but for the birthday $25.00. PM your address, OR email me speedbagcentral.com contact page Leave name, number, message that you want items in the Birthday Sale.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Roc Stone
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Oct 2007

Hip hip, Hooray!

Hip hip, Hooray!

For he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow,

For he's a jolly good fel-low,

And so say all of us.
                  sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...