• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Title 5 x 8 Yellow SB

Just got my Title Yellow 5 x 8 bag today. Pumped it up, hung it on the S-hook, and started practicing. NICE! It is much "softer" to hit than my Title Classic 5 X 8. I also like the shape better than the classic bag. It is more tear-shaped than the red bag.

Concerning the thread I started earlier, I really think the leather on the red bag is harder than this bag. Both bags were pumped up the same, as far as I can feel. Both bags have a litttle "give" when using medium pressure from the thumbs.

There is a definite difference in the feel when hitting these bags. As I stated in the other thread, hitting the classic bag was like hitting a bag that was left out in the cold. The yellow one is much easier on the hands.

I'm not dissing the classic, only stating that the one I received "seems" much harder to me.

Anybody else who has both bags experience the same thing?
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Yes I've seen precisely that. The classic is a slicker leather. The yellow bag has a soft surface that your knuckles get "traction" on and tend not to slide as much... almost like the difference between suede and regular leather... does that make sense???

Comment

• Biff
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by Tim View Post
      Yes I've seen precisely that. The classic is a slicker leather. The yellow bag has a soft surface that your knuckles get "traction" on and tend not to slide as much... almost like the difference between suede and regular leather... does that make sense???
      Exactly Tim. I was starting to wonder whether it was me. I know I'm new to this type of hitting, but my knuckles were startiing to split, and the sides of my hands were getting calloused.

I can see the yellow bag will be getting a lot of use, while the red bag will receive a well-deserved rest.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
        Exactly Tim. I was starting to wonder whether it was me. I know I'm new to this type of hitting, but my knuckles were startiing to split, and the sides of my hands were getting calloused.
        Split Knuckles and calloused hands. The sign of a true speed bagger.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Roc Stone
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2007

'Make pain your friend...'
          sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• Roc Stone
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

'Make pain your friend...'
            sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• Jerrod
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Biff View Post
              Just got my Title Yellow 5 x 8 bag today. Pumped it up, hung it on the S-hook, and started practicing. NICE! It is much "softer" to hit than my Title Classic 5 X 8. I also like the shape better than the classic bag. It is more tear-shaped than the red bag.

Concerning the thread I started earlier, I really think the leather on the red bag is harder than this bag. Both bags were pumped up the same, as far as I can feel. Both bags have a litttle "give" when using medium pressure from the thumbs.

There is a definite difference in the feel when hitting these bags. As I stated in the other thread, hitting the classic bag was like hitting a bag that was left out in the cold. The yellow one is much easier on the hands.

I'm not dissing the classic, only stating that the one I received "seems" much harder to me.

Anybody else who has both bags experience the same thing?
              I think there is also a difference in the bladders in these two bags. The Classic is harder and rebounds more slowly while the yellow 8x5 has a much quicker response. I definitely agree with you on the leather. The leather on the yellow is very nice. I really like the everlast professional speedbag bladders. Not the leather, just the bladder. It's lightning fast. I wanted to experiment and put an everlast 8x5 bladder in the yellow title 8x5 leather. To be honest, I don't have the money to go out and buy speedbags on a whim so I am hesitant to go messing up my bags. Has anyone else tried this? If so, how did you like the result?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...