• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAUG3
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2008

Ringside Order

Man...these guys are fast. I placed an order on Sunday and it was at the house on Wednesday.

I went with the Top Contender Adjustable Speed Bag Platform and Top Contender Speed Bag (6x9).

The platform was supposed to come with the E-Z Lock Pro Swivel (#PS-2). However, they sent the Mexican Style Swivel (#PS-4). I guess that is a deal because it is $10 more. I plan to buy the Boxing Gear B\H swivel.

I'm going to get it set up this weekend and video tape my first workout. You guys that post your videos are awesome. I hope to be half as good. If I make it there, I think the video will be cool to look back on.

Wish me luck.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by GAUG3 View Post
    Man...these guys are fast. I placed an order on Sunday and it was at the house on Wednesday.

I went with the Top Contender Adjustable Speed Bag Platform and Top Contender Speed Bag (6x9).

The platform was supposed to come with the E-Z Lock Pro Swivel (#PS-2). However, they sent the Mexican Style Swivel (#PS-4). I guess that is a deal because it is $10 more. I plan to buy the Boxing Gear B\H swivel.

I'm going to get it set up this weekend and video tape my first workout. You guys that post your videos are awesome. I hope to be half as good. If I make it there, I think the video will be cool to look back on.

Wish me luck.
    Good Luck. Congrats on your equipment. Hope it wll works as expected.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• dmccjr
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Apr 2008

Good luck, Ringside does give excellent customer service let me know if you have vibration issues with this platform and how you like the bag.

Comment

• Roc Stone
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2007

Good luck. Look forward to seeing your vid, as I do all the vids.
        sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• Brad
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Apr 2008

Their shipping charges seem a little pricey, though.

Comment

• Bolo900
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • May 2008

Yeah i would have to say the delivery time is pretty good but as far as shipping goes.. little more then titleboxing. i recently ordered the ringside 5x8 speed bag. small and fast, also has a soft feel to it. but i must say i still prefer my 5x8 title classic over it. I think i may purchase the cleto reyes 5x8 as i hit the 7x10 at the gym.. wow what it soft bag with very good rebounds.

Comment

• Brad
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Apr 2008

I received a Ringside sale catalogue recently and went to their web site to place an order. The item was priced higher than the sale catalogue so I called them to see how I could order the item online. I was told that if I wanted the sale price, I would need to place the order over the phone. I agreed and the rep started an order. I also wanted a second item which I knew to be $39 from my previous visits to their web site. It turns out that $39 is a web special and that the catalogue price is $55. To get the $39 price, I would need to order it from their web site. Of course, this would involve paying a second over-priced shipping charge. After much protest on my part, the rep finally agreed to honor the $39 price on the phone order.

The sport of boxing doesn't have the best reputation, and I'm starting to wonder if that is true of the equipment vendors as well.

Comment

• riqal
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Aug 2006

That is kind of ridiculous for them to expect you to have separate orders resulting in extra shipping charges. Good for you for standing your ground. They need us more than we need them.

Comment

• Brad
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Apr 2008

I don't see how such a policy could cause anything but ill will toward the company.

Comment

• riqal
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by dmccjr View Post
                    Good luck, Ringside does give excellent customer service let me know if you have vibration issues with this platform and how you like the bag.
                    The products they sell are of much better quality than the job their people do selling them.

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    Their shipping charges seem a little pricey, though.
                    Pricey and dishonest shipping methods. The order confirmation on my ringside speedbag 8x5 stated that it would ship UPS. The shipping confirmation a few days later stated that it would ship first class mail via U.S. Postal service. I paid $10.95 for shipping, and the post office told me it cost ringside $1.85 to ship the item. Ringside's bullcrap explanation was that if an item was small enough to put in an envelope, then it would ship via U.S. postal service. Really? Well, my ringside 9x6 and my top contender 7x4 were also small enough to put in envelopes, but I received them in a box via UPS. If an item can be shipped at a lower rate, why not discount the shipping charge for the customer? I think ringside was just pissed because I got two of their bags for a grand total of $66 (because of a mistake in online pricing of the bag, they claim) including separate shipping charges for the bags. The regular price ordered one at a time would have been $122.

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    I received a Ringside sale catalogue recently and went to their web site to place an order. The item was priced higher than the sale catalogue so I called them to see how I could order the item online. I was told that if I wanted the sale price, I would need to place the order over the phone. I agreed and the rep started an order. I also wanted a second item which I knew to be $39 from my previous visits to their web site. It turns out that $39 is a web special and that the catalogue price is $55. To get the $39 price, I would need to order it from their web site. Of course, this would involve paying a second over-priced shipping charge. After much protest on my part, the rep finally agreed to honor the $39 price on the phone order.

The sport of boxing doesn't have the best reputation, and I'm starting to wonder if that is true of the equipment vendors as well.
                    Ringside needs to get their crap together as far as making their prices consistent across the board (catalogue and online) and stop with the price fluctuations - I have seen that red ringside bag at 4 different prices online during the past 6 weeks ($49.99, $44.99,$34.99 and $24.99, not in that order and the last one they claimed was a price mistake) The day after I ordered my 8x5 for 18 bucks (25% off $24.99) the price went back to $49.99)
                    Last edited by riqal; 12-30-2008, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...