• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAUG3
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2008

Inflating Speedbag

I think I'm going to go with the Top Contender 9x6 bag.

How do you inflate a speed bag? Is the valve like one you would see on a bike? Or, do I need a needle.

I don't think this one comes with an inflation tool. Would a bicycle pump work?
  • clark-kentski
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2008

A regular football,basketball type needle,easy on the pressure, 4lb is hard to judge.Basically it shoudnt hurt your hands to hit it.When i drop mine from chest height it bounces to my kneecap.Hope this helps

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by GAUG3 View Post
      I think I'm going to go with the Top Contender 9x6 bag.

How do you inflate a speed bag? Is the valve like one you would see on a bike? Or, do I need a needle.

I don't think this one comes with an inflation tool. Would a bicycle pump work?

Basically just and air pump and needle.

Be sure and fill it until all the outer leather is smooth with no crinkles in it. The keep pumping slowly, checking to be sure you can hold is and press the sides in slightly with the thumbs. That will be full enough. IF you can't press the bag leather in slightly with medium pressure, than it may be overinflated. When you hit it full power you should feel it give a bit. If it feels like punching a brick, it is too full.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• fingers
        Speed Bag Guru
        • May 2008

presure

hi i got a sports ball presure guage forĀ£8 starts at 1lb psi upwards and lets you take air out too, hope this helps.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...