X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roscoe
    • May 2006

Rival Elite Bag Gloves

These gloves fit like a dream come true and they smell good too. I bought the black/grey 14 ounce leather gloves (I wish they made 16 oz). Your hand slides into a natural fist, the glove is molded to your hand unlike most other gloves...there is no resistance to making a fist, therefore your hands don't get tired before you do. The hook & loop wrist straps takes a little getting use to, the two per glove straps have a 15 degree angle that really hold your wrist together as firm as you want them to be. Be advised, you will need a helping hand to strap the second glove on. At first I thought the wrists themselves were a bit cheesey (like too thin) until you wrap the straps over them then you quickly forget about that. You need to use hand-wraps under these gloves but that probably goes w/o saying as most folks here do use hand-wraps, like I said, I wish they made these in 16 oz, the padding over the knucks may seem light for heavy hitters but the hand-wraps help alot.

These gloves are wicked fast, feel good, look good and as already mentioned; smell good. Best of all they seem to hold up well. The price with shipping comes close to a C-note which would have kept me from buying them had it not been for a $50 gift certificate I had but I'm glad I got them now that I can test them myself. All-in-all these are top of the line gloves in my opinion and like Wilt Chamberlain said, "I've had many".

Roscoe
    Last edited by Roscoe; 08-20-2007, 12:53 PM. Reason: typo
  • Roscoe
    • May 2006

Rival Elite Bag Gloves- Part II

Anybody try these yet besides me? I've been using them for over two months now every other day for about 30 to 45 minutes at a time. They look, feel and smell just like new, holding up just fine.

Pretty expensive but in this case you get what you pay for.

Last edited by Roscoe; 11-13-2007, 05:10 PM. Reason: up-date link

Comment

• Royal Street
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jun 2007

Thanks for the thorough review, Roscoe. I have been looking at these for some time and might pick them up soon. I keep putting it off because I love my Everlast so much. Rival makes great stuff.

Comment

• atgatt
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

For $85 I'd expect to just stand back and watch the gloves hit the bag.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by atgatt View Post
          For $85 I'd expect to just stand back and watch the gloves hit the bag.
          yeah, that does seem kind of expensive, but then again, Quality hand protection is cheap at any price.

Many Brand name high quality gloves are fairly expensive:

Everlast Pro Hook & Loop Training gloves $79.95

Cleto Reyes super Bag Gloves $109.00

Grant Profession Bag super power bag Gloves $119.00

I hate to say it, but it looks like you can get "training bag gloves" for heavybag workouts in a wide range of prices and quality. What's the defining edge between a pair of $24.95 gloves, $59.95 or $99.95 +...???

I can't really say. I guess that's an individual choice.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...