Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XS Title platinum atomic pro speed bag

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • XS Title platinum atomic pro speed bag

    I just got one of these bags this week and am still getting used to it but what a cool bag!

    Up until now my favorite bag has been a gold Title 5x8, I think it’s a “classic” model. Although the atomic bag is also a 5x8 it’s smaller than the classic, much lighter and WAY faster.

    The atomic requires VERY precise strikes or the bag flies off course immediately, which can be a little frustrating (at my skill level at least) but at the same time it’s like a bag that comes with a built in coach. Anytime you don’t make perfect contact with it this bag will immediately tell you what you did wrong in a much more dramatic fashion than a larger/heavier bag. It’s challenging but also a lot of fun trying to get it right.

    When I’m working on new techniques I know it would be easier on a larger bag or at least one with a little more weight behind it like the classic model but I’m loving the challenge this bag presents and I really dig the feel of it. It’s very easy on the hands.

    So this one gets a big thumbs up from me and I can’t wait to put some good hours in with it this weekend.


  • #2
    Originally posted by StevieMac View Post
    I just got one of these bags this week and am still getting used to it but what a cool bag!

    Up until now my favorite bag has been a gold Title 5x8, I think it’s a “classic” model. Although the atomic bag is also a 5x8 it’s smaller than the classic, much lighter and WAY faster.

    The atomic requires VERY precise strikes or the bag flies off course immediately, which can be a little frustrating (at my skill level at least) but at the same time it’s like a bag that comes with a built in coach. Anytime you don’t make perfect contact with it this bag will immediately tell you what you did wrong in a much more dramatic fashion than a larger/heavier bag. It’s challenging but also a lot of fun trying to get it right.

    When I’m working on new techniques I know it would be easier on a larger bag or at least one with a little more weight behind it like the classic model but I’m loving the challenge this bag presents and I really dig the feel of it. It’s very easy on the hands.

    So this one gets a big thumbs up from me and I can’t wait to put some good hours in with it this weekend.

    If that is the smallest size in the XXS, it is very light. I personally found it difficult due to lack of weight, like punching a feather. It's next size up the "XS" is extremely fast with just the right weight to size balance.
    http://www.titleboxing.com/punching-...-pro-speed-bag


    I'm pretty sure this video is of Matt "speedbagataraxis" hitting the Atomic XS at the 2012 gathering.

    the red tape over the top of the bag is needed to use a bag with the "speed demon" digital counter.



    smokin' is the only word I have, which I said at the end. (I was lucky enough to film this... )

    I still watch this every few months...because it's AWESOME!

    here is another view of the same video, shot by MsDeville. She was one of the folks walking up the stairs at the beginning of the first video and she immediately starting filming, as we are all prone to do when Matthew gets serious. *notice the swivel is a plastic ballhook.


    Last edited by Speedbag; 12-04-2016, 02:35 PM.
    Speed Bag

    Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...


    sigpic

    The Art of the Bag

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      If that is the smallest size in the XXS, it is very light. I personally found it difficult due to lack of weight, like punching a feather. It's next size up the "XS" is extremely fast with just the right weight to size balance.
      http://www.titleboxing.com/punching-...-pro-speed-bag
      I got the XS, not the XXS.

      Originally posted by Speedbag View Post


      I'm pretty sure this video is of Matt "speedbagataraxis" hitting the Atomic XS at the 2012 gathering.

      the red tape over the top of the bag is needed to use a bag with the "speed demon" digital counter.



      smokin' is the only word I have, which I said at the end. (I was lucky enough to film this... )

      I still watch this every few months...because it's AWESOME
      !
      NO kidding! That dude is incredibly good, very inspirational.


      Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      notice the swivel is a plastic ballhook.
      Interesting. I still have two of those but my powermill has been on my board ever since I got it. I’d like to try out one of MsDeville’s swivels at some point though.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by StevieMac View Post
        I just got one of these bags this week and am still getting used to it but what a cool bag!

        Up until now my favorite bag has been a gold Title 5x8, I think it’s a “classic” model. Although the atomic bag is also a 5x8 it’s smaller than the classic, much lighter and WAY faster.

        The atomic requires VERY precise strikes or the bag flies off course immediately, which can be a little frustrating (at my skill level at least) but at the same time it’s like a bag that comes with a built in coach. Anytime you don’t make perfect contact with it this bag will immediately tell you what you did wrong in a much more dramatic fashion than a larger/heavier bag. It’s challenging but also a lot of fun trying to get it right.

        When I’m working on new techniques I know it would be easier on a larger bag or at least one with a little more weight behind it like the classic model but I’m loving the challenge this bag presents and I really dig the feel of it. It’s very easy on the hands.

        So this one gets a big thumbs up from me and I can’t wait to put some good hours in with it this weekend.

        Great review. I believe the Atomic XS bag is 5x7, not 5x8.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by rskbreaker View Post
          Great review. I believe the Atomic XS bag is 5x7, not 5x8.

          Ah, that could be, I didn't measure it. I'm used to the bag now and am liking it more and more.

          Comment

          Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...
          X