• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

Seam split on Black Title Pro

I have had this bag less than a year and I alternate it with numerous other bags, so I'm a little disappointed to see the seam splitting right below the laces. I don't over inflate either nor am I a real banger so I am a bit perplexed since this is an $80. bag. Is this a common occurance on these bags?

fedora
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

I got this bag in April of 2013. It was one of my favorite bags once I changed out the bladder. I have a friend who is a hatter and has a commercial sewing machine he uses for making fedora's. I'm going to take it over to him and see if he can sew it back up. I have removed the bladder and turned it inside out. By the looks of it he should be able to do it.

fedora

Comment

• fedora
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2012

I got my bag back today. All sewn up and ready to go. I'm glad it could be saved, this was one of my favorite bags. If you have one that splits on the seam, deflate the bladder and turn the bag inside out. You should be able to see if there is enough material to be sewn back together. Anybody with a good sewing machine should be able to sew it back. If you don't know anyone that has one, look for a shoe repair shop. They should be able to do it. Or in my case a hatter.

fedora

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by fedora View Post
        .... I have a friend who is a hatter and has a commercial sewing machine he uses for making fedora's.

fedora
        You can't make this stuff up. Fedora has a friend who is a hatter.

Goooooo figure.

ps: I initially loved the Black Turbo Pro but after buying several I can see there is no consistency to their shape or rebound from different batches. I hate that since the first few I had were simply perfect IMO for shape, size and action. Out of my last few, the warps, wrinkles and tiny bubbling underneath can't be counted on both hands. Weird.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...