• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

New Deville swivel option. It's Kinky!

Since I've gotten back into bagging I've been buying different swivels and seeing what I like and don't like. One of the features I've really come to like was on the some of the older swivels S-hook, on how it was kinked outward and back inward. When you put the bag on it had to go on with a twist to slide it around this kink. This kept the bag from coming off no matter how many ways I miss hit.

I asked Dee if she could make a S-hook like that for a #13 swivel and send it too me. She did and I am very happy with the result. It will take a Ringside Heritage Bag which has a very heavy bag loop and a Leone, which has a fairly long and thin loop and hold them on with out coming off no matter how I miss hit the bag. I've purposely tried to hit the bag upward to knock it off the hook and it has not come off yet. I'm very happy with it. No more taping the bag to keep it on the hook. Here's some pics. Dee said she will make these available on request.
    The marks on the hook are from me making just a few tweeks on it with some vise grips to make the kink just a little more pronounced.
    This is by far my favorite swivel now. Great job Dee.

This is the vintage one I wanted to duplicate.

This is the new Deville with a Kink.

This is the Ringside Heritage on the hook.

Here's a side view to show the spacing.

This is a Tufwear which has a smaller loop

fedora
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I have a few swivels with that offset S. I like them also.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Definition, Synonyms, Translations of kinky by The Free Dictionary

kinky: Showing or appealing to bizarre or deviant tastes

Hey fedora. I'm happy that the kinky S-hook meets with your approval! I like your description of it. Funny. I was referring to it as Twisted as we experimented with this. But, let's go with KINKY!

I have been pondering this idea of putting a twist in our S-hooks, like the vintage ones. But, I didn't suggest it to Raul until you contacted me, fedora, and requested one.

I'm happy to hear that you are satisfied with the performance of the Kinky Hook and it met all your expectations.

And thanks also for the personal email regarding the overall performance of the Deville swivel. It's always a pleasure to hear good things about it. Heck, it's even good to hear the bad. I take it all in – good and bad, to keep improving where I can. Thanks to all of you who have sent me input and critiques. It's greatly appreciated.

By the way, if someone wants to order a Deville No.13 swivel and you want a Kinky S-hook, just let me know.

I can be contacted anytime at: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
        www.thefreedictionary.com/kinky

kinky: Showing or appealing to bizarre or deviant tastes
        Unless you're in Texas

Attached Files

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by fedora View Post
          Since I've gotten back into bagging I've been buying different swivels and seeing what I like and don't like. One of the features I've really come to like was on the some of the older swivels S-hook, on how it was kinked outward and back inward. When you put the bag on it had to go on with a twist to slide it around this kink. This kept the bag from coming off no matter how many ways I miss hit.

I asked Dee if she could make a S-hook like that for a #13 swivel and send it too me. She did and I am very happy with the result. It will take a Ringside Heritage Bag which has a very heavy bag loop and a Leone, which has a fairly long and thin loop and hold them on with out coming off no matter how I miss hit the bag. I've purposely tried to hit the bag upward to knock it off the hook and it has not come off yet. I'm very happy with it. No more taping the bag to keep it on the hook. Here's some pics. Dee said she will make these available on request.
          The marks on the hook are from me making just a few tweeks on it with some vise grips to make the kink just a little more pronounced.
          This is by far my favorite swivel now. Great job Dee.

This is the vintage one I wanted to duplicate.

This is the new Deville with a Kink.

This is the Ringside Heritage on the hook.

Here's a side view to show the spacing.

This is a Tufwear which has a smaller loop

fedora
          Here is a blast from the past, and will hold any size attachment loop.

Nichols, circa 1930's.
          Attached Files
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Abbysam007
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Dec 2013

They are also Latex and are more lively than the Title latex ones. I have a fairly heavy Tufwear 9x6 bag that I pulled the black inner tube tire bladder out of and I had put the Title bladder in it.

Last edited by Abbysam007; 05-07-2014, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...