• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joltingjoe
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Dec 2012

Balazs i-Box platform

Greetings everyone,

I was originally planning on building my own platform ... but with work keeping me insanely busy, I just decided to buy one. After doing some research I decided to go with the i-box from Balazs.

I'm extremely impressed with this product. It assembled quick and easy with quality parts. I bolted it into concrete block with 3/8 x 4 inch long tapcons so it definitely isn't going anywhere. This thing has ZERO vibration. I am truly impressed with the action. Balazs makes a great product and I would definitely buy from them again.

-Joe
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by joltingjoe View Post
    Greetings everyone,

I was originally planning on building my own platform ... but with work keeping me insanely busy, I just decided to buy one. After doing some research I decided to go with the i-box from Balazs.

I'm extremely impressed with this product. It assembled quick and easy with quality parts. I bolted it into concrete block with 3/8 x 4 inch long tapcons so it definitely isn't going anywhere. This thing has ZERO vibration. I am truly impressed with the action. Balazs makes a great product and I would definitely buy from them again.

-Joe
    A great choice. After having hung eight or nine of these (...speed bag gatherings...) they are really easy to assemble and put up. And as you mentioned, Rock Solid to hit.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Marlon
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      A great choice. After having hung eight or nine of these (...speed bag gatherings...) they are really easy to assemble and put up. And as you mentioned, Rock Solid to hit.
      I bought mine after reading the posts here. Your's specifically where you told me that they were "Rock-Solid" and that you "do not know any i-box owners that are disappointed in their set-up".

Not only was it great advice, but since that time I have seen You Tube clips of guys like Skunk & Ataraxis wailing away on an i-box faster & harder than I've ever seen. If it's good enough for those guys, it's good enough for a rookie.

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

I think if you were moving it all the time it would be a pain. I took off the knobs and instead use bolts and a wrench. But where I have the platform hanging now there is no room to adjust it upwards, so I hung it so the belly of the smallest bag is at my chin and just leave the platform at that height permanently. When I hit a larger bag I just use my knees to instantly 'adjust' the platform.

Comment

• Marlon
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by ventanakaz
          i was wondering is it a pain in the a** to adjust it up and down for hitting on different size bags all the time or would the valor platform be better for adjusting up and down alot...ralph
          If you're gonna move it often you might want to consider one with a corkscrew drive. The i-box platform & mount weighs about 40 lbs & when you loosen the bolts you have to hold the platform with one hand while you loosen/tighten the 4 bolts with the other hand. It slides freely when the bolts are loose, and if you loosen the bolts too much, they will come off (Duh, but kids do stupid things) and the platform & mount can/will come off the brackets.

I love my i-box. I was able set the height (by myself) with no problem & after a week of banging away it hasn't budged!

I intend to adjust the height as I move onto smaller/different bags, and I'm not concerned about it. It's made with thick steel & strong bolts, but I will keep a level nearby because it's possible to be off by a few degrees within the brackets & if you're gonna have kids adjusting it, the i-box might not be the best choice. *Thats the only negative thing I can say about the I-box though.
          Last edited by Marlon; 04-22-2013, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I would think Carefully adjusting an I-box up or down is pretty easily accomplished. My Primefighter board (shown here in the factory) has the same knobs on the vertical tracks for adjustment and it's not a problem. Loosen two tops first and one bottom, (usually left for me) then put arm overhead (left) and hold board as you loosen the last (bottom right), which frees it, then adjust up or down and tighten the bottom right. Then level and tighten bottom left, then tighten two top knobs. The primefighter model has the hanging vertical weight for easy adjustment up and down, but it weighs 35 lbs, which just hangs there constantly and I've taken that out of service to relieve the weight on the wall.

When faced with a problematic board adjustment, due either to space or the board your using, I would suggest hanging it higher, for the correct height of the "largest" bag you like. Then when you go to a smaller bag you can easily add something on the floor to raise yourself up an inch or two as needed. If your board is a pain to adjust it is much easy to change height from the floor up than from the board down. A lot of my older youtube video's have me standing on a 4x4 sheet of plywood, setting on a few 2x4's, because adjusting my original board was a real pain. Notice in this bottom right picture the Metal bolts in the vertical slots were set at the very bottom of the slot, purely for stability. With the board set up for my 11x8 - I put several 1x4's on the floor and laid a 4x4 piece of plywood on it to raise me up to hit a smaller 9x6 or 8x5.
            Last edited by Speedbag; 04-22-2013, 12:31 PM.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...