• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

Everlast 4214

Went to Goodwill yesterday and found a Red Everlast 4214 Made in USA bag. Looked almost unused. For $1.79 I couldn't pass it up. Got it home and pumped it up and hit on it for a while. Man, this a bag that a gym would want for people who had a bad day and just want something to take out their frustrations on. It didn't seem to have a lot of bounce compared to my other bags, but the leather looked and felt super tough. I'm sure it is either Goat or pigskin, definitely not cow. It's a little misshapen but may even out with a lot banging. Bottom line, this is a tough bag for doing some serious punching on but not one I will be trying any bible style baggin on.

fedora
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by fedora View Post
    Went to Goodwill yesterday and found a Red Everlast 4214 Made in USA bag. Looked almost unused. For $1.79 I couldn't pass it up. Got it home and pumped it up and hit on it for a while. Man, this a bag that a gym would want for people who had a bad day and just want something to take out their frustrations on. It didn't seem to have a lot of bounce compared to my other bags, but the leather looked and felt super tough. I'm sure it is either Goat or pigskin, definitely not cow. It's a little misshapen but may even out with a lot banging. Bottom line, this is a tough bag for doing some serious punching on but not one I will be trying any bible style baggin on.

fedora
    ah.... You have been hit by the curse of the 4214.

I've had them in brown, I've had them in Red, no matter what color, that speed bag is Dead.

Pound away.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

It's good for taking to Speed B.A.G. meetups and getting the participants signatures tho.......

Comment

• doss darwin
        • Dec 2012

it looks like a good bag--i like the shape of mine but it is better left hanging on the side--dd
        the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limitations

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          It's good for taking to Speed B.A.G. meetups and getting the participants signatures tho.......
          Indeed it is,

But I must admit a 4214 did appear in this Black Belt magazine article, May 1991.

that is my brown 4214 with I brought to the photo shoot, anticipating some kicking and the 4214 was longer than my 4200.

the guy kicking in the picture is David Graham, my hapkido/Tae Kwondo instructor (3rd degree BB) at the time. I thought it would be nice to get his picture in BBM, so I asked him to participate. That is my foot on the 4200, page 4.
          Attached Files
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• fedora
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Dec 2012

Years ago I took taekwon do and Hapkido. I took a speedbag and pulled the bladder out and filled it with beans to give it some weight and gave it to my Hapkido instructor. He hung it up and used it for years to practice head kicks on.
            I think the 4214 would work just as well.

fedora

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...