X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Clint
    • Apr 2007

Rival 6x4

I just received it today. This thing is so tiny. I guess Billy has one, so he knows. It's like the size of a softball. I inflated it and stuffed it in my pocket. I measured it and it really is 6" by 4"(with the loop!). It weighs a hearty 3 1/8 oz. Maybe I'm supposed to hit it with my finger

I'll try it out tomorrow and let you know.

• Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

F-A-S-T looking bag.

those teenie weenies are quick for sure but difficult to do Downward Elbow Strikes. There has to be a bit of room between the board and bag belly to get the arm up for those techniques. Very short bags make this a lot harder.

and when you pass through front-to-back, linking the Front Circle Punch to the Reverse Single Punch (FCP ' ' RSP ) it is a very short fist extension, and happens really fast.

It is a cool looking little bag. Good luck with it.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Clint View Post
      I just received it today.
      Wow that is tiny. Did you order it direct from Rival? Title carries the other sizes, but not the 6x4.
      Last edited by Tim; 05-15-2007, 07:07 AM.

Comment

• Clint
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        F-A-S-T looking bag.

those teenie weenies are quick for sure but difficult to do Downward Elbow Strikes. There has to be a bit of room between the board and bag belly to get the arm up for those techniques. Very short bags make this a lot harder.

It is a cool looking little bag. Good luck with it.
        Thanks Alan. It's so light, I wonder how stable it will be. The loop is sewn on to it at a weird angle and I wonder, given its weight, if it will fly straight.

I like to watch all the stuff you guys do, but I've never really tried any of the elbow stuff or reverse stuff. I basically go as fast as I can with different combinations of front circle and straight punches in a triplet rhythm. Just basic boxing rhythms, but I have so much fun and I love it.
        Last edited by Clint; 05-15-2007, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• Clint
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          Wow that is tiny. Did you order it direct from Rival? Title carries the other sizes, but not the 6x4.
          Hi Tim,

I ordered it direct from Rival and had it shipped to my family in Canada and they sent it to me in Hong Kong. I think Rival will send it to the States but they wouldn't send it to me here. I just had another look at it. Might make a good keyring.

Comment

• BillyMack
            • Sep 2006

Ya, Rival will ship to US but it costs a pretty penny and there's no tracking so ya just have to wait.

I think the loop is straight it's just the way the leather is cut at an angle that makes it look funny. Mine rebounds quite well, but thing is light and has a whole different feel than larger bags.

It's like smoking a light cigarette - hand motion is the same but you just don't get the resistance so you can move faster.

I still can't do a lot of elbow work on it. And not so much due to the proximity to the board but mroe 'cause of the speed - it's too fast and small to get the elbows on it. I can do it - but it's ugly

Anyway, it's a great little bag. It would be great for those looking for an ultra-quiet set up as the bag makes little noise

Enjoy it Clint!!

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

I couldn't stand it any longer... must .... try ... tiny speed bag....

I just ordered one. It was 44.99 CAD plus 24.99 CAD shipping, which is 63.75 US according to http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/rates/converter.html

I hope it gets here quick. Title really should carry this size...
              Last edited by Tim; 05-15-2007, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• BillyMack
                • Sep 2006

Welcome to the club! Mine took over a week to get to Southern California; there is no tracking available but you can email Stephanie who can check on it for you... stephanie@rivalboxing.com

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

I just heard from their customer support, the 6x4 is back ordered until August 2007

Bummer.

Comment

• Clint
                    • Apr 2007

Well I loaded up the little Rival today and gave it a thumping. The size isn't actually a problem. I can make good contact with it. The problem I'm having with it is the weight. It's simply too light at 3 1/8 oz. My next heaviest bag is the Cleto Reyes at 5 3/8 oz. those couple ounces make all the difference. There's no 'feel' to the Rival when I hit it.

I think there may be a point when a bag actually gets too light to actually 'cut' through the air at high speed.

I'll keep at it for a while. Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind. Might even try to 'weight' it somehow.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Clint View Post
                      I'll keep at it for a while. Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind. Might even try to 'weight' it somehow.
                      I think you'll get used to it. The 4 oz bags I use felt ridiculous at first, but give it a week or so and you'll be ok.

If not, maybe you could deflate it and drop some lead fishing weights in, which would hopefully settle at the bottom where your fist shouldn't be hitting the bag.

Comment

• Kyle
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Nov 2006

lead tape wud work to if u decide to weight it. use it on my golf clubs for a little extra weight it works great.
                        ________
                        Web Shows
                        Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:24 AM.

Comment

• Clint
                          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Big_Nesticles View Post
                          lead tape wud work to if u decide to weight it. use it on my golf clubs for a little extra weight it works great.
                          I was thinking the same thing. Wonder if it would stay on the bottom of the bag or come flying off?

Comment

• Kyle
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Nov 2006

uh i think it would be okay and if u want a little extra stability duct tape wud help.
                            ________
                            Best Whip Vaporizer
                            Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:24 AM.

Comment

• Chris M
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Mar 2006

When I first got my little Title Classic I felt the same way. I really thought at first it was more designed to be a novelty item than to actually be used.

It didn't take too long for me to get used to it.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...