• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daniel Coady
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2007

Which speedbag is best

I have now become very proficient on a 6X9 bag, and am able to many of the combinations in the video. Unfortunately I have now become limited by my speedbag. I built a platform you can do chinups on, and bought the best swivel that title sells, but i think the bag is my weak link. I have a red title 6X9 (the one that is always on sale) that is brand new and already deformed. This actually the second bag they sent me, the first would not inflate. I want to buy a new one but i want to make sure I don't waste money. So my question is what bag is best suited for hitting hard or very fast, hitting form both front and back of the bag, and for constantly changing combinations? Do I want to have multiple bags or can one fit the bill?

Thanks for any help,

dan
  • BillyMack
    • Sep 2006

Good discussion here...

Your question should be "What is everyone's favorite bag?", because there is no "best" bag...it all depends...the bag you have, the Title Classic is one of Skunk's favorite bags, and he is extremely accomplished on it.

If you like the 9x6 size go with the more expensive yellow 9x6 from Title, it's a great bag, but I can't say it;s the "best".

And yes, why not have multiple bags? Why not have multiple boards and swivels? Shoot, why not have multiple wives for that matter....d'oh!

Comment

• Chris M
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Mar 2006

why not have multiple wives for that matter....
      Bags don't get jealous and they're not nearly as expensive???
      Bags only require a little air and a good beating every now and then.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by BillyMack View Post
        Good discussion here...

.....And yes, why not have multiple bags? Why not have multiple boards and swivels? Shoot, why not have multiple wives for that matter....d'oh!

Originally posted by Chris M View Post
        Bags don't get jealous and they're not nearly as expensive???
        Bags only require a little air and a good beating every now and then.
        HAA!
        Man I wouldn't say that around my wife. She's already killed three husbands, and two of them was just nappin'.

One day you'll learn that your life isn't complete until your married. Then it's finished.

For me, I didn't know what true happiness was until I got married, and now it's too late.

Truth is: I've been in love with the same woman for forty-one years. If my wife finds out, she'll kill me.

I can't complain, for my wife and I were very happy for thiry years. Then we met.

( in case my wife reads this: it was just a joke, honey..)
        Last edited by Speedbag; 04-05-2007, 09:16 PM.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Kyle
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2006

asking what the best bag is, is like asking what came first the chicken or the egg? many different options out there. personally i like rival a lot. also if your accomplished with the 9x6 go down to a 8x5 but a more expensive bag than the tittle classic (the classic is on the light side of bags).
          ________
          Park Royal 2 Condominium
          Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:20 AM.

Comment

• jaguiler
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2007

try to find a Everlast Pro in the shops near you .... 5x8
            you won't find the bag YOU like until you try....

Alan - how long have you had those jokes stored up waiting to come out ?

Comment

• Chris M
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Mar 2006

a good beating every now and then.
              I could have said the same thing about my ex wife too.

JUST KIDDING!!! I'm not a wife beater and never have and never will lay a hand on any woman. Well, we do have a couple girls in my boxing class but even then I am very reluctant to do anything other than tap them when sparring.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jaguiler View Post
                Alan - how long have you had those jokes stored up waiting to come out ?
                Sorry, Jag - but the internet has gazillions of these things archived. Here's a few places....

Laph.com

American Comedian Quotes (* can't go wrong with Rodney Dangerfield...)

Quotes.com

Presidential Humor

Funny Politics (* yes, they really did say that...)

Yogi Berra

Jokes.com

Whenever I see the chance to throw in a few zingers, I do it. I love the sound of a rebound almost as much as a good laugh.
                Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Kyle
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                  can't go wrong with Rodney Dangerfield
                  no you cannot. what a hilarious man
                  ________
                  Courneit live
                  Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:20 AM.

Comment

• saifullah21
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Big_Nesticles View Post
                    asking what the best bag is, is like asking what came first the chicken or the egg? many different options out there. personally i like rival a lot. also if your accomplished with the 9x6 go down to a 8x5 but a more expensive bag than the tittle classic (the classic is on the light side of bags).
                    The chicken. I really love the top contender bag. I have the 6x9 and 4x7. They are good, quality, very soft on the hands, and rebound well. AND THEY'RE CHEAP!!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by saifullah21 View Post
                      The chicken. I really love the top contender bag. I have the 6x9 and 4x7. They are good, quality, very soft on the hands, and rebound well. AND THEY'RE CHEAP!!
                      You're right. I have several TC bags and they are a quality product in my opinion. Best price around, too.
                      Last edited by Speedbag; 03-07-2011, 06:19 PM.
                      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jumpcannon
                        Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

HAA!
                        Man I wouldn't say that around my wife. She's already killed three husbands, and two of them was just nappin'.

One day you'll learn that your life isn't complete until your married. Then it's finished.

For me, I didn't know what true happiness was until I got married, and now it's too late.

Truth is: I've been in love with the same woman for forty-one years. If my wife finds out, she'll kill me.

I can't complain, for my wife and I were very happy for thiry years. Then we met.

( in case my wife reads this: it was just a joke, honey..)
                        Sorry i am posting on an old thread here.....but this is FUNNY $H!T
                        evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

It sounds like you're ready to graduate to a smaller, faster bag. I've got several 8x5 bags. They're lighter and faster than the 9x6's. A popular size to further your bagging skills and speed. One of "my" favorites is the "Fighting Sports" 8x5 (It's the white one). It's light, is balanced really nice, and the leather is really soft on your chops. I think Spin punched one on, on one of his vids. A great bag. The Top Contender bags do look good. I don't own any. They look similar in shape and leather quality to the Fighting Sports bags. And always remember, "A bouncing speedbag gathers no moss!" "BAG ON!"
                          T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• Keith G.
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • Sep 2010

need a speedbag

Anybody know of a sports store in the Tampa Bay area that I can walk into and buy a speedbag; a Reyes or something that ain't made in China? I been using Everlast Te:M and Te:S and they all either rip or the bladder busts. Thanks.

Keith G.

Comment

• Tim
                              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Keith G. View Post
                              Anybody know of a sports store in the Tampa Bay area that I can walk into and buy a speedbag; a Reyes or something that ain't made in China? I been using Everlast Te:M and Te:S and they all either rip or the bladder busts. Thanks.

Keith G.
                              I do not believe there are any commonly found retail locations that carry "the good stuff". You really do need to order off the internet to get a good speed bag. (I'm from Tampa)

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...