• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Everlast opinion.

Picked up a double end bag today at dicks....paid $30. Brought the thing home and put some air in it.....my opinion is its cheap quality. The straps that are attached to both ends of bag are of cheap quality and not stitched on too well. The bag itself is cheap "pleather". The bungees are ok (but their just bungees). For $30 bucks its probably good for a kid to play with. I am gonna return it and spend $50 bucks for a better quality bag off the internet. Also i got my friend hooked on speedbaggin and built him a nice setup in his basement. He went and got an everlast Ta:m....its blue and sucks. He is gonna return it and get a better bag off the internet himself. I am not an everlast fan i must say. Now i am guessing the proline of everlast stuff is good, but anything else they got is doo doo. Just my opinion and i felt like giving it! LOL
    evilswivel@yahoo.com
  • juxt
    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

i noticed a lot of "made in china" on everlast products lately. I think the quality may have been compromised a bit over the years but they still are pretty good and have a good variety of stuff.

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

Which is why some of us look for new old stock, or at least lightly used. There is a fair amount of it out there. I've come across bags that definitely have been used, but still in very good condition for very reasonable prices.

Comment

• SpeedKilz
        • Dec 2009

I hate the quality of current Everlast products, both equipment and apparel. Hear more good than bad in my line of work about the quality. You pay for the name these days. They aren't what they used to be.

Comment

• RenoRattler
          • Sep 2009

I like the Skunk bags, but even those come with their problems.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by juxt View Post
            i noticed a lot of "made in china" on everlast products lately. I think the quality may have been compromised a bit over the years but they still are pretty good and have a good variety of stuff.
            You're right, they have a lot of variety, which is usually the spice of life, but maybe not in speed bags. I think they would fare better if they concentrated on maybe two lines of quality speed bags, and save us from fishing through most of the crap to find one bag that is decent. As their variety went up their quality seems to have gone down and I bet their return rate is extremely high.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• TheAsianBagger
              • Sep 2010

everlast?

i just bought an everlast vinyl speedbag for like $10 off some kid my age cause he broke his cheep swivel some how... all i know is that anything is better then my old vinyl century bag, it hurt my hads no matter what i wore on em.
              this bag is nice enought to not use gloves but i gotta be careful for the air valve on the bottum its kinda picky

also the little loop on the top of the bag seems to be a little lopsided nothing major but it moves a little and is very hard to do the thing called "the fist roll" or i belive thats what it is called.

i cant complain though seems like the kid i bought it off of just punched it really hard a couple times and broke his swivel and landed me a cheep bag

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

Originally posted by TheAsianBagger View Post
                i just bought an everlast vinyl speedbag for like $10 off some kid my age cause he broke his cheep swivel some how... all i know is that anything is better then my old vinyl century bag, it hurt my hads no matter what i wore on em.
                this bag is nice enought to not use gloves but i gotta be careful for the air valve on the bottum its kinda picky

also the little loop on the top of the bag seems to be a little lopsided nothing major but it moves a little and is very hard to do the thing called "the fist roll" or i belive thats what it is called.

i cant complain though seems like the kid i bought it off of just punched it really hard a couple times and broke his swivel and landed me a cheep bag
                LOL....I remember having a speedbag setup in my basement when i was like 15yrs old. My friends and I would try to hit it as hard as we could and ended up just tearing the equipment up! Dumb kid! LOL
                evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• fingers
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • May 2008

LOL!! i did that to a double end bag once...........got a refund i said it was not fit for purpose

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                    LOL!! i did that to a double end bag once...........got a refund i said it was not fit for purpose
                    LOL...Then you understand how i feel.
                    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...