X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aad03

• Jan 2010

Amber Sports Invincible Pro Speed Bag

Anybody have any experience with the Amber Sports Invincible Professional Speed Bag? Amber Sports is based just down the road from my office, so I was gonna go check it out after work. But I called, and they say they are sold out of that bag until mid-August. Also, the guy I talked to sounded like he could barely speak English, and like today was probably his first day of work; Anywhere, Ever. The quality looks good, but I'm not sure if they come in different sizes or anything. Here's a link; http://www.ambersports.com/catalog/p...oducts_id=1320
    Attached Files
  • sparrky37
    • Jan 2010

Looks like your gonna have to pave that road for me! "$80" for that amount it should have lifetime guarentee or something. Good luck let us know how it is!

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Feb 2010

Nice looking, I'd be tempted!

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Looks like decent quality but it's gonna have to be "Invincible" for $80. Wonder where they're manufactured? The Rival and Lonsdale bags are quality leather, manufactured well (craftsmanship etc.), but they're a bit sluggish for my preferrence. And they're not givin' those things away either ($$$$). I just saw the Everlast 6x4 in the title catalogue for $39.00. It's easy to spend some cash once you start buyin' bags. Can't think of a better investment though.
        T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

Alright, I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep until I go by the place and see for myself if they've got any in stock. Apparently there are a couple different sizes. They have some other models as well. It's on my way home, so I'll swing by, and report my findings.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by aad03 View Post
            ...Also, the guy I talked to sounded like he could barely speak English,
            and like today was probably his first day of work; Anywhere, Ever.
            Don't ya just love it? And in these times, you never know who you're gonna get at the other end of the phone... we're so understaffed this week at my work, they have ME answering our newspaper office phones... and I'm in the Production Department!

That bag does look nice. I wonder what makes it worth $80 – must be high-grade leather and maybe better stitching...?

I looked at the other style they offer– the Amber Professional – for $30. It's more reasonably priced. Looks like it has a shorter neck (does this make it faster?) and is a little more bulbous...and comes in several sizes.

It's on my way home, so I'll swing by, and report my findings.
            See if they'll let you take it for a spin around the block, er platform...
            Attached Files
            Last edited by MsDeville; 07-28-2010, 03:44 PM.
            sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

So I went by the Amber Sports store, and here's what I found; First of all, they actually DID have the Invincible bag in stock, sizes S, M, and L. The photo from the Amber website is a little misleading. When inflated, the bag is very round, or bulbous. The bag is of decent quality, but nothing too impressive. The leather seems a little thin, so I'll have to see how it wears. The problem with this bag is the sizing. The Amber Small is not very small at all. Had I wanted a Large, I'm not sure it would have fit in my truck. The bag is pretty lightweight, and has alot of bounce to it. May be a nice bag for someone just learning to hit, but definitely a little overpriced. Oh, and it's actually $60 in the store, not $80 as shown on the website. A few pics next to the Everlast XS for comparison:
              Attached Files

Comment

• The Baggist
                Vert Baggin' Master
                • May 2009

Thanks for the info. I've always wondered about that bag but didn't want to fork over $80 bucks to find out. Like you, I thought it was much smaller. It looks like it might not be a bad bag to own if you could find a good deal on it. $60 is a little better but they should probably cut that in half.

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

Update to the Amber Review

So here's the update: Since Amber Sports is on my way home, I dropped in yesterday to check out any other speedbag/fitness gear they might have. I asked the lady working there for the smallest speed bag they have, which is the Amber Professional XS. This one sells for $27 in their store, and is actually much better than the $60 Amber Invincible bag. The leather seems to be better quality, the size is much more appropriate, and the price is very nice. The XS is roughly the same as the Fighting Sports Small, maybe just a hair longer.

I think I've figured out the Amber speed bags: They have a ton of different leather training gear for boxing/mma, and even some rugby balls, and baseball gloves. Everything has a tag that says "Made in India." Also, both times I went to the store, there were only Indian people working there, I am assuming it is a family company, but not sure. The store is very small. So, what I figure is that this family has a manufacturer in India making leather goods to their specs. Since they cater to actual fighters, they see the speed bag simply as a piece of training equipment, not as a sport/hobby in its own right. So there is not much thought put into developing a bag for people like us. I think that the cheaper Amber Professional XS bag coincidentally fits the style of punching that we (forum members) prefer. I am not sure why the Invincible bag is so much more expensive. Maybe there is something about it that makes it a little more difficult or costly to manufacture, but as far as function, the $27 Amber Professional XS is much much better. I think the website lists it as $30. Here is the link, I'll get a video up soon.

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

So here's the update: Since Amber Sports is on my way home, I dropped in yesterday to check out any other speedbag/fitness gear they might have. I asked the lady working there for the smallest speed bag they have, which is the Amber Professional XS. This one sells for $27 in their store, and is actually much better than the $60 Amber Invincible bag. The leather seems to be better quality, the size is much more appropriate, and the price is very nice. The XS is roughly the same as the Fighting Sports Small, maybe just a hair longer.

I think I've figured out the Amber speed bags: They have a ton of different leather training gear for boxing/mma, and even some rugby balls, and baseball gloves. Everything has a tag that says "Made in India." Also, both times I went to the store, there were only Indian people working there, I am assuming it is a family company, but not sure. The store is very small. So, what I figure is that this family has a manufacturer in India making leather goods to their specs. Since they cater to actual fighters, they see the speed bag simply as a piece of training equipment, not as a sport/hobby in its own right. So there is not much thought put into developing a bag for people like us. I think that the cheaper Amber Professional XS bag coincidentally fits the style of punching that we (forum members) prefer. I am not sure why the Invincible bag is so much more expensive. Maybe there is something about it that makes it a little more difficult or costly to manufacture, but as far as function, the $27 Amber Professional XS is much much better. I think the website lists it as $30. Here is the link, I'll get a video up soon.

http://www.ambersports.com/catalog/i...Path=45_47_358
                    I have known the owner of Amber Sports for a long time. He was one of the first online sales outlets for the SBB. Yes, they are from India. I have not had the opportunity to visit their store but have spoken to Sanjay several times.

I have hit several of their bags and like them very much. When Blue Man Group was thinking about using a speed bag in their music they initially bought their equipment from Amber. In the picture below, the bag is an Amber bag as was the free standing floor frame they modified to hang the drums on.
                    Attached Files
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
                      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Here is the link, I'll get a video up soon.
                      Cool. Hard to tell what the actual size is on the web site, seems to be the same image for all the models.

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                      In the picture below, the bag is an Amber bag as was the free standing floor frame they modified to hang the drums on.
                      Hey - too bad Blue Man didn't send that drum setup to you after they were done with it...

Comment

• Speedbag
                        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                        Cool. Hard to tell what the actual size is on the web site, seems to be the same image for all the models.

Hey - too bad Blue Man didn't send that drum setup to you after they were done with it...
                        Yea, that kind of ticked me off. They said they were going to and it never happened. I probably laid down 10 tracks on "time to start" with the drums as rebound board, and at least that many on a wooden board. I never saw any of the recording footage. They had camera's over the drums looking down,behind me and too the side.

I really did like that bag, though. The weight was nice. My own 8x5 bags were a bit too small to clear the rims of the drums and didn't make a clean rebound, so we needed the bigger Amber bag on the drumheads.
                        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                        The Quest Continues...
                        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...