• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

aad03's eye-bolt/leather strap creation

I meant to post a review of Aaron's creation some time ago, but between work and SB 2010, it never happened.

Aaron was kind enough to send me one to try out a few months ago, and also one for SB 2010. Attached is a pic of what it looks like.

I have to say I like it very much. I have been hitting on it ever since I received it. I can't really see any difference in the action between his design and the traditional eyebolt/S-hook. Since there is no S-hook, there is no friction (and wear) on the eye-bolt. The eye-bolt should last indefinitely.

My only concern (early on) was that it took a little while to swap out bags. Once the leather "loosened up", that no longer was a problem. And that process was only a few days.

Aaron described his creation in this thread, in case you missed it.

I wish others had a chance to hit on it during SpeedBAG 2010, but there was so much going on (and most of the eyebolts were glued into the swivels) that it just didn't happen.

But look at Aaron's thread and you'll see you can make one very easily. Give it a try and see what you think.

Biff-approved. Good job, AD.
    Attached Files
  • crapshoot
    • Apr 2010

I might just try one. Aad03 has a link to a schematic here

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Very Cool. Simple and effective. I haven't hit it, but I like it!
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

Biff, Thanks for the review, glad you like the swivel. The offer still stands if anybody else wants to try it out. I've got a handful that I can send, just send me a mailing address and I'll send it on its way.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...