Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TITLE Platinum Atomic speed bag in XXS size

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TITLE Platinum Atomic speed bag in XXS size

    Originally posted by SpeedKilz View Post
    It is a slick - vinyl like cover. Going from memory the 5x7 is about the size of the bag Skunk was hitting in the video you posted. I haven't hit a bag with a covering like this but I can imagine I'd end up with rug burn like marks on my knuckles.
    My concerns were unfounded. The Atomic bags are great Lightweight, soft on the hands, they are shiny, but not slick. Excellent bag in the XXS size. Weighs right in at about 4oz, which makes it like punching air. A great challenge and a lot of fun.

    These still don't seem to be linked from the main page on the title site, but come to SPEED B.A.G. 2010 if you want to get your hands on one

    http://store.titleboxing.com/title-p...peed-bags.html



    From their description:

    "The fastest, lightning quick, atomic power, micro-technology speed bag on the market."

    It's fast, very fast.

    "Space age cover supplies the speediest rebounds and atomic quick responses with the durability and longevity of leather. Ultra sheen and dazzle complements your amazing skills and high level success like no other."

    This is what had me concerned at first. It's not leather, not sure what it is. But it is SOFT on the hands, has a sheen to it, but is not slick - slickness being bad because it causes knuckle chafing. No need for concern though, whatever this material is, it's great!


    "Each Atomic Speed Bag is crafted with leather welted seams and triple stitched nylon threading. Complete with a butyl latex rubber bladder that is manufactured for jet fast action, perfect balance and true rebounds."

    Rebounds are good indeed, but being a light bag (4oz) it does feel "like punching air" compared to any larger bag. The Yellow/Gold Everlast 6x4 feels like a GIANT bag compared to this little one.
    Last edited by Tim; 06-05-2010, 08:08 AM.

  • #2
    Can you post a color photo of yours? How does this compare to the Title Classic at half the price? That one is also lightweight and hits differently.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by paranday View Post
      Can you post a color photo of yours? How does this compare to the Title Classic at half the price? That one is also lightweight and hits differently.
      I'll go one better than that, I'll post up a vid of each today and some comparison photos. I've got some kiddie b-day parties to attend and then some SPEED B.A.G. 2010 construction work to do, but I'll get something up, if not today, tomorrow for sure.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Tim View Post
        I'll go one better than that, I'll post up a vid of each today and some comparison photos. I've got some kiddie b-day parties to attend and then some SPEED B.A.G. 2010 construction work to do, but I'll get something up, if not today, tomorrow for sure.
        I got so wrapped up in building those racks, I didn't get around to a comparo video. I still have to test fit the 8'x5'x'5' rack , so I may still get this done.

        Comment


        • #5
          I really want to see how this bag performs if you get a chance to post a vid. I've come close to ordering one, but want a little input, especially on size. XXS?

          A video review from SB2010 would be awesome, with a couple different baggers taking a whack at it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Last night was my first attempt at the Title Atomic bag- the xsmall not the xxsmall. I'm trying to like the bag, but the feeling of punching air is just not very satisfying. Fooling with this bag certainly should improve accuracy, but it also makes me appreciate how good the black and yellow Everlast XS fall-apart bag feels.

            Jim

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jimcaher View Post
              Last night was my first attempt at the Title Atomic bag- the xsmall not the xxsmall. I'm trying to like the bag, but the feeling of punching air is just not very satisfying. Fooling with this bag certainly should improve accuracy, but it also makes me appreciate how good the black and yellow Everlast XS fall-apart bag feels.

              Jim
              We have to keep in mind that smaller does not necessarily been better or faster. You invest in a very small bag and it feels like hitting air - that's a big disappointment and it leaves you with the feeling of wasting money. That's how I felt with my top contender size xs.

              Maybe you could replace the bladder with a heavy rubber bladder. I did that with my 4200 and it was an improvement in bag performance.

              Here is a bag that is smaller than the everlast xs but definitely does not feel like hitting air: http://www.ringside.com/Ringside-Spe...ductinfo/RPSB/

              It's the size xs that is smaller than the everlast xs. The size s is also a nice bag. I own both and use both regularly. Top-notch bags, but I waited til they were on sale.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jimcaher View Post
                Last night was my first attempt at the Title Atomic bag- the xsmall not the xxsmall. I'm trying to like the bag, but the feeling of punching air is just not very satisfying. Fooling with this bag certainly should improve accuracy, but it also makes me appreciate how good the black and yellow Everlast XS fall-apart bag feels.

                Jim
                Don't give up too fast. Yes it's a jarring difference, but it's not something you can't adjust to over time. I'd give it two weeks before you pronounce it unusable. You'll be doing amazing things on it in no time flat.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Tim View Post
                  Don't give up too fast. Yes it's a jarring difference, but it's not something you can't adjust to over time. I'd give it two weeks before you pronounce it unusable. You'll be doing amazing things on it in no time flat.
                  Tim,
                  I intend to give the bag a chance. It is an interesting change of pace.
                  I actually recorded my intial struggling efforts for a bench mark.

                  I'm posting it with some trepidation. Looking forward to seeing how the others handled this bag.

                  Congratulations on a hugely successful SB2010. I plan on being there next year.



                  Jim

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It looks like you had a fair bit of control over it in the video. If it is as light as you say then the physics would require more force to move it at the same speed. It looks like a great cardio workout.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      WOW! Most impressive this is the first vid I've seen of you. Great work man!!! Where do you live maybe you can make it to the St Louis SpeedBag Gathering.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        St Lois speed bag event?

                        Can you give me more info on this? I couldnt make it to Jersey, but I live in Kansas City so I could get to St Lois for sure!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          So these bags are not made of leather? Wonder if the XXS Super Pro will go on sale for something less than $39.95?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by paranday View Post
                            So these bags are not made of leather? Wonder if the XXS Super Pro will go on sale for something less than $39.95?
                            I like the non-leather material. Very easy on the hands. Don't know how durable it will be, but I'll bet that it will last longer than the Everlast XS fall-apart bag (which is, nevertheless my favorite), and is purported to be made of leather. Actually, I'm am still using my current fall-apart bag even though the material has small cracks all over it and a large spit is developing in one of cracks. At least it's not coming apart at the seams, as it has with others.

                            I'm eagerly awaiting vids of others using the Title Atomic. I'll bet the fast guys really get it flying, but I wonder if they can contol enough to do fancy hitting. Some of the folks on this forum have shown me that moves I thought were not practical at speed, or where dead ends in combinations, e.g. inward elbow strike, can be made to work by the right person.

                            Jim

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jimcaher View Post
                              I'm posting it with some trepidation. Looking forward to seeing how the others handled this bag.
                              Looks great Jim, it got away from you a few times, but overall looking good. I look forward to your next clip on this bag.

                              Congratulations on a hugely successful SB2010. I plan on being there next year.
                              Thank you and i look forward to meeting you next year!

                              Originally posted by jimcaher View Post
                              I like the non-leather material. Very easy on the hands. Don't know how durable it will be, but I'll bet that it will last longer than the Everlast XS fall-apart bag (which is, nevertheless my favorite), and is purported to be made of leather. Actually, I'm am still using my current fall-apart bag even though the material has small cracks all over it and a large spit is developing in one of cracks. At least it's not coming apart at the seams, as it has with others.
                              All my Everlast black and gold 6x4 are like that as well, extensive cracking, but they work fine.


                              I'm eagerly awaiting vids of others using the Title Atomic. I'll bet the fast guys really get it flying, but I wonder if they can contol enough to do fancy hitting. Some of the folks on this forum have shown me that moves I thought were not practical at speed, or where dead ends in combinations, e.g. inward elbow strike, can be made to work by the right person.
                              I'm unpacking from SB2010 over this 3 day weekend. I've got a comparo between Title Classic 8x5 and Atomic X-SMALL bag on my to do list this weekend... I swear.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X