X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

An EVERLAST Ta:S?

So, I've lost count how many bags I have acquired in the past 8 or 9 months... at least a dozen.

The funny thing is, I always go back to Big Red – my very first bag I started with last year (Aug. 2009). This bag – in my humble opinion – is THE bag to start out on. Hands down.

It's big, and strong/durable, and dependable. (Geez... sounds like I'm talking about my Trainer! )

It's large size was great for helping me to gain some muscles in the beginning, not to mention improving my coordination and timing. And, it built up my stamina, for sure. I burned lots of fat/calories wailing on that monster bag – a very big BONUS!

I know that I can depend on it to keep me from slacking off. In the evening, I'll put up my black Everlast Elite (Te:M) and get in to "my groove" Then, after doing that for a few evenings, I start to feel like I'm just not hitting like I should... Back to old reliable Red...

Last week, I ordered a new "big red" as I call him –*an Everlast Ta:M – speed bag from Amazon. I got a little surprise when my new bag arrived.

It came in a package labeled Ta:M ... but, when I pulled it out, it was actually a Ta:S! I had never seen one before. Didn't even know they existed.

Anyway, I digress. Getting back to the dozen speed bags I own... I have been in search of a speed bag like the red Ta:M, but just a tad smaller.
    Finally found it. But,
    ...was it luck, destiny...? We'll never know.

I'm headed out to the platform to try out my new acquisition.
    Stay tuned. Review to come...

Heed the call of the fortune cookie.

Attached Files
    Last edited by MsDeville; 05-27-2010, 05:01 PM. Reason: added a photo.
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

You really pummeled that Ta:M. Do you find there's a satisfaction in wearing a bag out? You going to look for a direct replacement of Big Red?

Enquiring mind wants to know...

Comment

• Biff
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Dee, that red Ta:M Everlast must have shivered everytime you put in on the hook. You laid some beating on that bag!

Glad you're happy with it's replacement. Now let's see some vid of you and it in action.

Comment

• sparrky37
        • Jan 2010

Let's see the destruction of ta:s in a few

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

I can't take all the credit/blame

Originally posted by paranday View Post
          You really pummeled that Ta:M. Do you find there's a satisfaction in wearing a bag out? You going to look for a direct replacement of Big Red?

Enquiring mind wants to know...
          Satisfaction? Hmmm. Probably more like anxiety over the fact that it's about to pass on to speed bag heaven.
          I'm going to practice on this smaller red bag for a while before I decide whether or not to buy another big red.

Originally posted by Biff View Post
          Dee, that red Ta:M Everlast must have shivered everytime you put in on the hook. You laid some beating on that bag!
          Okay. I have to fess up... Trainer Raul started hitting on this bag pretty regularly this past winter. So, it has taken quite a beating these past few months.
          And, keep in mind that we were using the U-bolt till I swapped it out in March for the S-hook. I think with a U-bolt, the bag doesn't get hit on all sides and big red developed a flat spot on it. Probably where the leather is splitting on it. (...wish I could take full credit for wearing it out.)

Originally posted by sparrky37 View Post
          Let's see the destruction of ta:s in a few
          Hey, Sparrky, I'll do my best to annihilate this one.

Nice to hear from you. BTW, I love watching your "talkies" on YouTube. This one is a favorite of mine:

Now, that's what it's all about. Baggin' at the drop of a hat – or ... cuff link!

Baggin' in a truck. Baggin' in a boathouse. Baggin' in a suit. It's all good.
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
            Satisfaction? Hmmm. Probably more like anxiety over the fact that it's about to pass on to speed bag heaven.
            I'm going to practice on this smaller red bag for a while before I decide whether or not to buy another big red.

Okay. I have to fess up... Trainer Raul started hitting on this bag pretty regularly this past winter. So, it has taken quite a beating these past few months.
            And, keep in mind that we were using the U-bolt till I swapped it out in March for the S-hook. I think with a U-bolt, the bag doesn't get hit on all sides and big red developed a flat spot on it. Probably where the leather is splitting on it. (...wish I could take full credit for wearing it out.)
            Hey, Sparrky, I'll do my best to annihilate this one.

Nice to hear from you. BTW, I love watching your "talkies" on YouTube. This one is a favorite of mine:

Now, that's what it's all about. Baggin' at the drop of a hat – or ... cuff link!

Baggin' in a truck. Baggin' in a boathouse. Baggin' in a suit. It's all good.
            [/QUOTE]

Dressed like that you should be jammin' to Sharpe Dressed Man by ZZ Top
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...