X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newbagger
    • May 2010

Everlast Blue USA Bag

I am a new to this, and am looking for lower price bag in a medium or large size. Has anyone used the Everlast blue USA bag 11x8? See the link:

Thanks for any reviews and/or recomendations.
  • spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Welcome to the Forum NewB. I use that bag and I think it's decent for the price. Its great for newbies as it will help with strength and endurance. If your seams are protruding too much, you can just shave them down a bit. They will mess with the rebounding, until your bag breaks in some.
    The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

• crapshoot
      • Apr 2010

Hello and welcome. As a newbie myself, I am probably get that one myself since I have heard some good things about it. It certainly will make it easier getting started

You want to make sure your board is big enough. I think the bag is 10-11 inches long and if you add a couple for the swivel, it will come to the edge or just past.

As far as "shaving" the seams, I would avoid that for a a couple of reasons, not the least of which is the structural integrity of the bag!

I think the prevailing wisdom is to just work the bag and the seams will flatten out with use. Just get some wraps or bag gloves/mitts (both options are cheap) until it settles in.

More knowledgeable people will add their wisdom, but that is my $.02

Comment

• newbagger
        • May 2010

Originally posted by spdyTommyT View Post
        Welcome to the Forum NewB. I use that bag and I think it's decent for the price. Its great for newbies as it will help with strength and endurance. If your seams are protruding too much, you can just shave them down a bit. They will mess with the rebounding, until your bag breaks in some.
        Thanks so much. I appreciate the the help.

Comment

• newbagger
          • May 2010

Thanks for the input. I just put up the Everlast Elite in my garage. It's 24" in diameter, so I think I'll be OK. If the bag is 11", the belly (point of contact) would probably be at about 9". Does that sound right? Thanks again.

Comment

• crapshoot
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by newbagger View Post
            Thanks for the input. I just put up the Everlast Elite in my garage. It's 24" in diameter, so I think I'll be OK. If the bag is 11", the belly (point of contact) would probably be at about 9". Does that sound right? Thanks again.
            if the bag is 11 inches the swing spans 22 inches. If you add another inch or two you're looking at a span of 24-26 so you might have it hitting past the edge. But, put it up and see what happens.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...