• Show
Clear All
  • petinju13
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jul 2009

Don't buy EZ LOCK PRO SWIVEL by Ringside

hi my name damar from Indonesia
    1 week ago my order from fullcontactoutlet.com arrived from US
    i buy some speedball, double end bag and the EZ LOCK PRO SWIVEL all from Ringside product

when i install (i install with the correct way) the speedball with swivel to platform there's no problem
    but when i hit it the speedball, the swivel keep falling apart from the platform

i think the problem come from EZ Lock Swivel

what make me angry is the swivel flew away to my face when i hit the speedball and hurt my face

[IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
    this is the part that hit my face until bleeding

[IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
    this is the part of swivel fall from the platform

i already contact ringside.com
    and they send replacement swivel for me (mexican style swivel)
    is mexican style swivel good?please give me advice
    thanks
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Damar, first, welcome to the forum. And then . Thanks goodness it did not cause any damage to your eye. I'm not sure how this happened, but I would send those pictures to the manufacturer. I know you said that you contacted them and they sent a replacement. I hope they offered an apology as well.

I can't comment on the swivel they sent because I'm not familiar with it, but I'm sure there are people on the forum who can offer advice.

Comment

• petinju13
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Biff View Post
      Damar, first, welcome to the forum. And then . Thanks goodness it did not cause any damage to your eye. I'm not sure how this happened, but I would send those pictures to the manufacturer. I know you said that you contacted them and they sent a replacement. I hope they offered an apology as well.

I can't comment on the swivel they sent because I'm not familiar with it, but I'm sure there are people on the forum who can offer advice.
      i think the problem of e-z lock pro swivel is the triple ball bearing
      ow and they offered an apology too

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by petinju13 View Post
        i think the problem of e-z lock pro swivel is the triple ball bearing
        ow and they offered an apology too
        Glad to hear the injury wasn't too serious. Hopefully ringside will come through for you. I've not heard of one of those swivels failing like that before.

Welcome to the forums.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

[/QUOTE]
          Hi Petinju. Welcome....
          You are lucky that didn't go straight into your eye! It's completely unacceptable to have that be a risk when speed bagging! So what if one of our kids is bagging? That would be kind of embarrassing when they go to school the next day. "Dad's speed bag broke and metal flew in my face".
          Man you got clocked 1/2" from your eye by a piece of metal that is supposed to be secure? And supposed to take a pounding! That's its whole purpose; to be a swivel and go with the flow of a speed bag being punched!
          Well, they apologized. They should offer to pay the doctor's bills too!
          Hopefully this is a one time occasion for us baggers.
          I've been hit with the bag flying off the S hook and now I know it pays to duct tape that sucker in there! But this is a whole new level!
          It is hard to see from your pics exactly how the broken part connects to the part on the board. Does it simply screw in?
          Hope you get better quick and this doesn't stop you from baggin'!!!

Comment

• petinju13
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Jul 2009

i really love join in this forum
            because people here seems very care each other

honestly i've been hit 2 times by that swivel
            first the swivel flew away to my mouth and almost break my mouth then i try to fixed that swivel because i think that my mistake
            but secondly the swivel hit my face until bleeding and then i think that something wrong with the swivel

i' m sorry my english very bad but i hope you guys understand what i mean
            thank you

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

HI petinju13

First welcome to the forum. We baggers are a global community and we love meeting members from everywhere.

Sorry to hear about that specific swivel problem and kinda serious injury. I have never seen one quite like that from a swivel coming apart. Kind of a serious equipment defect for that to happen. I personally haven't used that particular swivel and can't comment as to the construction of it. Ringside certain owes you an apology, a new swivel or two and some type of renumeration for your trouble and expenses.

I hope you keep in touch and let us know how your baggin is progressing, as well as your equipment situation. Good luck.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Lefthook_mike
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Nov 2009

um sorry to hear about all that... that looks like mine from title and kinda worries me now...

swivel you showed is very similiar to mine?

I hope that doesnt happen to me...

I taped the pin holding the screw type thing in there,because the pin keeps coming off when i speed bag.

Comment

• petinju13
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Lefthook_mike View Post
                  um sorry to hear about all that... that looks like mine from title and kinda worries me now...

swivel you showed is very similiar to mine?

I hope that doesnt happen to me...

I taped the pin holding the screw type thing in there,because the pin keeps coming off when i speed bag.
                  yes that's similiar

just replace your swivel, i have same problem with u pin keeps coming off
                  don't wait until that thing flew away to your eyes

Comment

• biguglybear
                    • Mar 2010

Ouch...I had a similar experience with the swivel that came with my Everlast adjustable platform (EVASB) that goes for $149 at Title Boxing. Fortunately, it didn't hit my face, though! I'm not even that good, which I thought made it funny.

Comment

• mk23666
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Mar 2010

I had a similar experiance with my "Everlast Classic" removable swivel that came with my "Everlast Elite" speed bag platform. I didn't get injured tho, thankfully it came out and it struck the wall. I took it down and put some thread locker on it before retightening the nut back down. (I think they should do that at the factory BTW and maybe use a locking washer)

Anyway, it's good they sent you a replacement and even better you aren't seriously hurt.

Comment

• atgatt
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Nov 2007

Considering, it could have been much worse. That flaw SERIOUSLY needs to be examined by the manufacturer. Thanks for letting us know, and heal up.

Comment

• petinju13
                          Speed Bag Trainee
                          • Jul 2009

ringside send me mexican swivel...because i new in speed bag world so i don't know what's the difference with other swivel ....but the wound from this accident sometimes still hurt besides this accident happened about 1 year ago

here's my video with new swivel please correct me if i have wrong technique since i only one amateur in this forum

thanks and have a nice day
                          Last edited by petinju13; 08-08-2010, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                            Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Great job!

Comment

• paranday
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Sep 2009

Excellent, do any of your friends bag?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...