Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

$50 ring platform, Lucky Dog swivel - Mars, PA

Ought to get me one of these, and you ?

Attached Files
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

It looks like the same basic design as mine and it's in good shape too. I like the lucky dog swivel on it. I put my lucky Dog swivel up on my regular platform, shortened the chain and have been using it. Believe it or not it works really well. It has a few nuances that you have to get used to but it is great for "Bible Style" bagging.

If they would ship this unit I'd recommend someone getting it if they have the room to mount it somewhere. I found out the chain adjustment has to be just right for the bag to rebound right. So if you have a smaller bag you'd have to lengthen the chain so it hits the ring on the sweet spot.

fedora

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

It's got the other chain style, wonder if that makes a difference regarding how it performs ?

Comment

• fedora
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Dec 2012

I noticed that since the Lucky Dog swivel chain is a lot heavier duty that a smaller, lighter bag doesn't work very well. Whereas the Nonpareil one is much lighter gauge and it doesn't seem to affect it. But back in the day when these were being used I doubt they had many small, light bags. Judging by the pics I've seen of that era they seemed to be all fairly large and heavy looking.

fedora

Comment

• Dutchman
          Speed Bag Historian
          • Jun 2006

Back when I was a youngin, the large bags were the norm, as far as what was available for general fitness i.e. non pro boxing use.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...