• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

I had to buy it!

Okay, I took a chance on this because I love vintage stuff. Based on another post about the "Lucky Dog" swivel I decided to buy this one along with the bag that was posted with it. I got both the bag with the box and the swivel for $25.00. Too late to say I'm crazy, payment has been made. Here's the bag, box and swivel. The bag and swivel don't look like they have been used much if at all. I'm assuming the logo on the bag means "Board of Education New York City". Please feel free to comment whether I was a Lucky Dog to buy it or a dumb-ass for getting it. My ego can handle it.

Also if anyone has an idea of the era of these items please elaborate.

fedora

Last edited by fedora; 12-09-2013, 09:22 PM.
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

You're not crazy. You can be the first to post test results for the Lucky Dog swivel. Nice find.

Comment

• fedora
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2012

Just got a bit of history on these items. Seller says they belonged to his Uncle and Aunt who were school teachers in New York City for 40 years and were among their items when he helped them move.

fedora

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

You can see your swivel mounted on an old platform here,

`
        Attached Files

Comment

• fedora
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Dec 2012

Thanks a lot for the pics. The bag and platform look in great shape. The seller also said both the bag and the swivel look totally unused. I'm anxious to see them and try them out.

fedora

Comment

• fedora
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Dec 2012

I got these 2 items in the mail today and they are indeed New Old Stock. The swivel has never been used. here's the pic. Bag also has never been used but as to be expected with it's age the bladder won't hold air. I'll get a replacement. Here's the swivel. As you can see, you can adjust the length of the chain on the inside.

fedora

Comment

• fedora
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by ventanakaz
              that looks like it will be kind of weird to hit on, can't wait to hear what you have to say about it...ralph
              I put it up and put my Black Title Pro bag on it and it actually works very well. It's a lot quieter than I thought it would be. No where near as noisy as a metal ball hook. I had to get used to it hanging the bag lower which gave the bag a longer swing. I could hit on it from all angles without a problem. It is very well made, no thin metal on the housing base. I love finding something this old in unused condition.

fedora

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...