• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

1980s NOS Everlast bag and swivel - eBay

Looks like a model 4213 Military bag, nice bag if that's what it is,

Bladder may be shot, it's plastic. Leather should be good. Sez the ball hook is unused.
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Auction photo.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

It could have the rubber bladder, they used them up until the mid 80's. Depending upon where it was stored , it could be usable.

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

My Olympics era bag had the plastic bladder, and it was shot only because quality control back then was non existent. Had the seams been sealed correctly it would have been good to go.

Comment

• Dutchman
          Speed Bag Historian
          • Jun 2006

Yeah, I had a brown Everlast Olympic 4210 that went throuh four of the plastic bladders. Replaced the last one with a TuffWear one, but it was a dud as far as hitting it, just no bounce. Finally sold it on eBay about ten years ago when I was experiencing the first of my layoffs in thirty years. Now my 4207 that I had purchased two years prior had the rubber bladder. The valve went bad on it, and I wound up replacing it with a TuffWeasr #3 as Sportland didn't carry the Everlast bladders at that time, probably because of the problems with the plastic ones.
          Last edited by Dutchman; 11-23-2013, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• looster
            • Jul 2012

it is a 4213 ! I bought is and it just got here. pretty much all new !

Comment

• paranday
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by looster View Post
              it is a 4213 ! I bought is and it just got here. pretty much all new !
              I have only one of those and really like it. Let us know if it holds air.

Comment

• paranday
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Sep 2009

Oh, and I paid more for mine than you did when it was new, and it didn't come with a swivel. Nice win !

Comment

• looster
                  • Jul 2012

it DOES need a new bladder, but otherwise, excellent condition.
                  leather is in just fine shape

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...