Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

B&M bag on eBay

Metal eye, no loop :

Attached Files
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

This is a B&M Sport Toy bag. B&M was a major supplier of platform kits and what is referred to as floor punchers in the 1950's-60's. They're products were made for the athletic toy market.

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      This is a B&M Sport Toy bag. B&M was a major supplier of platform kits and what is referred to as floor punchers in the 1950's-60's. They're products were made for the athletic toy market.
      Those seams don't look real robust...

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        Those seams don't look real robust...
        They're not. I've seen countless examples of both the floor punchers and platform ring bags with blown seams, which is why an example such as this is comparatively rare.

Comment

• juxt
          Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

amazing knowledge dutchman. occasionally i look through the list of your previous posts and its like reading a speed bag history book.

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Feb 2010

I was thinking the same thing - when are you going to WRITE the book of speed bag history??? Would be great.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...