• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

Balazs iBox platform with custom drum

Got the I-box installed today. It was very easy to install since the frame itself is only 3 pieces. It is very solid and the height adjustment is very simple. It was delivered with an Everlast chain link swivel, (yuck) all needed nuts, bolts and screws. It came with lag bolts that are approximately 4" long for installing in regular wall studs. The rails are 16" apart so it will be easy to install into studs of the wall if you can find just one. I was installing mine onto brick, so I used 4" x 1/4" Tapcon screws.

I didn't use the drum that it came with because it was only 24" in diameter and it appeared to be 1 1/2 inch MDF but I did not measure it. I had to slightly offset my 32" drum but it works perfectly.

The only other modification that I did was to drill all the way through the frame so I could install bolts all the way through the board to eliminate the provided swivel screws from loosening up or coming out. I only had to drill through the bottom plate for the front bolts, but the back ones required 6 inch carriage bolts and I had to drill through the plate and the box beams to go all the way through.

When you see the first and second photo, you'll see why I had to buy the Balasz unit because it will allow more height on lower ceilings or if you have an obstruction like I do. Unfortunately, this was the best place for me to install my speedbag.

I'm very happy with the I-box and would highly recommend it!

See attached pictures.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tim; 01-02-2009, 01:33 PM. Reason: changed title.
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...