• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpeedBagSkunk
    Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

Skunky Elbows!!!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • dbirdmma
    • Jan 2008

great job keep it up. thats an awsome move will have to try to master it.

Comment

• toolboxdiver
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2008

great video skunk as always very entertaining

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by dbirdmma View Post
        great job keep it up. thats an awsome move will have to try to master it.
        Yeah, well good luck.

(it's harder than it looks )

Outrageous, Skunk. You skinny flexible people are really starting to tick me off....

(just kidding)
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Skunky elbows ... nice. Gotta admit that move never occurred to me, I was trying to guess what they were before I saw the video... I had no idea.

Good work.

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk

• Oct 2006

thanks

thanks everyone! for checking out the new move. it is a diffacult move to master because there is a LOT of strain on your back and its hard to stay in that position. But it is a cool move and very different. I hope to see some videos posted here to see some of you speedbaggers try the SKUNKY elbows

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by SpeedBagSkunk View Post
              thanks everyone! for checking out the new move. it is a diffacult move to master because there is a LOT of strain on your back and its hard to stay in that position. But it is a cool move and very different. I hope to see some videos posted here to see some of you speedbaggers try the SKUNKY elbows
              No problem. Right after the chiropractor gets done with me after the first attempt.

In all honesty, it's not the back position that makes it difficult. For me the problem is keeping the elbows close enough to make any consistent contact or generating any consistent force to the elbow points. I can get your alternating downward elbows about 4 times before the bag helicopters but that's easier than this one.

Tough combo! I love it.
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

I hope to see some videos posted here to see some of you speedbaggers try the SKUNKY elbows
                I tried tonight... couldn't do but a few weak rebounds ... I'll keep at it and post video when it's worth watching.

I find it difficult to do a crisp rebound.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                  I tried tonight... couldn't do but a few weak rebounds ... I'll keep at it and post video when it's worth watching.

I find it difficult to do a crisp rebound.
                  Exactly. Skunk has springs in his elbows. ?
                  Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk

• Oct 2006

lol

go go gadget ELBOWS lol yes the constant single rebound very hard to get going but once you find it its keeping it there with out messing it up and as alan says Helicoppering it lol. thats for yalls feed back and letting me know how diffacult this move really is. Keep up the practice and im sure you will get it. or maybe it will be just a skunk thing lol but i doubt it.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Here's my attempt at it. I can't get it going as fast or nearly as long as you... am I doing it right at least ?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

That is a tough move... It's a good shoulder workout too. I'll keep working at it...

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                        Here's my attempt at it. I can't get it going as fast or nearly as long as you... am I doing it right at least ?

That is a tough move... It's a good shoulder workout too. I'll keep working at it...
                        to be honest, my left shoulder kind of doesn't like that severe of an inward angle on that continous motion.

not that this is "my" problem, but a vary large person or barrel chested guy is probably going to have problems getting the tips of the elbows angled into the center of the chest. It's a difficult position to maintain, at least for me.
                        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk

• Oct 2006

whoop whoop

it is a very good shoulder wortk out and is very diffacult to keep the bag moving and it will wear ya out fast as well but practice makes perfect and good work Tim thanks for repN the name Skunky Elbows as well. !!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

it is a very good shoulder wortk out and is very diffacult to keep the bag moving and it will wear ya out fast as well but practice makes perfect and good work Tim thanks for repN the name Skunky Elbows as well. !!
                            For the record, by the terminology System I use in The Speed Bag Bible, this action would be in the "Continous Alternating Category", Like Fist Rolling.

"Continous alternating Front Circle Punches with one rebound inbetween" became the "Front-Fist Roll" (F-Roll), and continuous alternating reverse single punches with one rebound inbetween became the "Reverse-Fist Roll" (R-Roll). Those were the name that I gave them to describe the continuous fist movements, and create the abbreviations to describe them in written exercises.

This move is really: "Continuous Alternating Downward- Single Elbow Strikes with one rebound inbetween". If you were to name this continous movement collectively as "a technique", then since Skunk has shown it first (at least he is the first I have ever seen do it), I believe it is his to name.

If you want "Skunky Elbows" than that's what it should be called.
                            Last edited by Speedbag; 03-01-2008, 02:01 AM.
                            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                              For the record, by the terminology System I use in The Speed Bag Bible, this action would be in the "Continous Alternating Category", Like Fist Rolling.

"Continous alternating Front Circle Punches with one rebound inbetween" became the "Front-Fist Roll" (F-Roll), and continuous alternating reverse single punches with one rebound inbetween became the "Reverse-Fist Roll" (R-Roll). Those were the name that I gave them to describe the continuous fist movements, and create the abbreviations to describe them in written exercises.

This move is really: "Continuous Alternating Downward- Single Elbow Strikes with one rebound inbetween". If you were to name this continous movement collectively as "a technique", then since Skunk has shown it first (at least he is the first I have ever seen do it), I believe it is his to name.

If you want "Skunky Elbows" than that's what is should be called.
                              I vote for Skunky Elbows...you should add a warning do not try if your not a skinny wirey sob...lol

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...