My First Vid w/ Title Platform/Bag Setup!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • preluda97
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Dec 2007

My First Vid w/ Title Platform/Bag Setup!!!

Finally got my platform installed:

Title boxing Classic Speed Bag Platform
    TItle Boxing Classic Speed Bag 9 x 6

Been doin it for about a month off and on, til now haha

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    chyea
    100.00%
    nahh
    0.00%
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by preluda97 View Post
    Finally got my platform installed:

Title boxing Classic Speed Bag Platform
    TItle Boxing Classic Speed Bag 9 x 6

Been doin it for about a month off and on, til now haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31_Z9wuN_UY
    Not bad for a month. You're doing some nice combinations but you appear to be dominating the bag with your right hand, throwing your left in occassionally for support. I would suggest you focus on your left hand for a while, and let it catch up with your right. Particularly on passing through the bag. You look good going straight out and back with your right, but didn't see your left do it. You CAN lead the double punches with your left, but appear to prefer your right as the lead.

Your Front First Rolls were also pretty nice, but right hand dominated. Try doing 6 or 8 punch fist rolls, which will make you start and end with a different fist. Also, start with your left fist, getting use to letting it lead.

Keep practicing. You are looking and sounding good.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Very good progress. That's a pretty light weight platform. You may want to throw a sand bag or some other weight on top of it, you'll get better rebounds.

Those are nice short F-ROLLs you're doing. It's easy to get into the habit of getting into a roll and just staying in it, but you'll learn better control if you keep them short like that (That will help ALOT when you starting doing reverse rolls (R-ROLL).

In regards to Alan's comment about dominating with the right... that was a problem for me as well. A while back I made a point of hitting the same number of times with both hands/elbows. So if I did 5 circle punches with the right, I'd immediately do 5 with the left, etc. You really don't want to have a weak arm in the speed bag game, being equally good with either is very important when the combinations get complex.

... and I voted "yea" on your poll ... never saw a speed bag video I didn't like
      Last edited by Tim; 01-22-2008, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• preluda97
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Dec 2007

word, yeah ill post more vids when i think im better than now... i love the speedbag, i just introduced it to my older brother and he just ordered one from title haha...

every day, all day

Comment

• Kyle
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          ... and I voted "yea" on your poll ... never saw a speed bag video I didn't like
          Same.
          ________
          Live Sex
          Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:37 AM.

Comment

• atgatt
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2007

Very nice. Plus, you have the best coaches, Speedbag and Tim.

I have the same platform too but added about 70 lbs of weight on top after really securing the frame to the wall. Oh, I also added 3/4 inch plywood on top of the black platform. Pretty solid now.

Keep it up and enjoy the addiction of the bags.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...