• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • speedboy
    • Feb 2006

Speedboy clip 10/05/06

hi i have done a new video trying to progress with the left hand

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

byeeee
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Speed bag video

Very nice hitting. Smooth and even. Good speed and good arm positions.

You might move foreward just a bit closer to the bag. Your distance away from the bag makes you lean forward and reach to get behind with both fists on the Reverse Double Punch at about 19 or 20secs in. You also rotated your Reverse Double punch fist order, but that's OK. Just a variation. A more difficult variation but no problem.

Another suggestion. When you do your Downward-Single Elbow Strike, (D-SES) try extending your fist slightly forward as the elbow connects. The bag will rebound into your fist (automatically) and this will make it the Downward-Double Elbow Strike. (D-DES).
    as your fist makes contact, be raising your elbow up and out to parallel again and you can link it directly to Reverse Single Punching.

But as it is, Great progress!
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• speedboy
      • Feb 2006

thanks i have some problems with the Downward-Double Elbow Strike on the left elbow but i will try

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Looking good

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Downward Elbow

Originally posted by speedboy
          thanks i have some problems with the Downward-Double Elbow Strike on the left elbow but i will try
          Do the motion slowly without the bag. raise arm up, point elbow in and move in downward. slightly extend the fist as you do this. When your fist is at you chin level, reposition the elbow "out" to the home position. The fist extension is a very small and subtle movement.

Then do it slowly on the bag. get the bag going first, slowly, with right fist Front Circle Punches while your left arm gets in position.
          ( it is harder to do this on a non-moving bag..)

You can see the movement in normal and slow motion here in "speed bag combinations" videoclips #5 & #6.

Hope it helps.
          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Mkvtte92
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • May 2006

I everyone, I'm new and I'm liking what I've seen so far!!!!!
            Lot's of great info to absorb!!!!!

Mike

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Mike Video

Originally posted by Mkvtte92
              I everyone, I'm new and I'm liking what I've seen so far!!!!! Lot's of great info to absorb!!!!!

Mike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqLfxDmN8bQ
              Very good timing and mix of combinations. You keep a good smooth Basic Rhythm, Very nice front Fist Rolling (F-Roll), and smooth Front Double Punching (FDP). You've got those down well enough to start adding in some different or new techniques. Bag appears a little high to pass through behind easily, but it could be done.

Great job. In the next video, If you can, either move the camera back or zoom out a bit so we can see your whole body, ( shoulders and back). It is hard to see your arm position and swing motions with the closer zoom angle. (just a suggestion..)
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ryzies
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • May 2006

alan, any tips on the fdp i can't seem to get it at all....i can do outward elbows and downward elbows combo'd like you were talking about above but i can't get this double punch...till i get your video and book i'm on my own for learning...hehe...so any help would be great...

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

MkVtte92 - Looking good. You've got some good rythm going.

Ryzies - The key to the FDP is to move both fists as one motion, don't think of it as two separate swings, try to move both hands in unison, with the left staggered slightly after the right, or vice versa.

It's one of those moves you just have to practice, and practice, and practice, and all of a sudden you'll have it and then it seems easy.

This clip has FDP in it, and in slow mo
                  Last edited by Tim; 05-26-2006, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• speedboy
                    • Feb 2006

MkVtte92 you have a great technique and you have much more endurance than me! i must progress into it

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Front Double Punch

Originally posted by ryzies
                      alan, any tips on the fdp i can't seem to get it at all....i can do outward elbows and downward elbows combo'd like you were talking about above but i can't get this double punch...till i get your video and book i'm on my own for learning...hehe...so any help would be great...
                      Tim is correct. Move both fists together, staggered. Here is a setup tip:

Put one fist up by your mouth, put the other fist about an inch or so in front of it and about half a hand lower. So, your lead fist is about six inches from your mouth, and just a little above it is your second fist.

Moving both fists together would be similiar to doing a front circle punch with both fists at the same time lined up one behind the other. After the second fist hits the bag, they can naturally change position.

You will find the secret is the distance between the fists. This distance and the timing of movements will change depending on how hard you hit. I would say that the bag speed will determine this distance between the fists, and the movement size, speed etc. But infact it is the other way around. The bag speed is determined by your force. It is continual (slight) adjustments of speed and distance. In time you will begin to sense a difference and separation between the fists in a double punch (or triple part techniques), in that you will learn to adjust the lead or second fist slightly (depending on what technique you will do next), but to learn this I think it is easy to envision both fists together in a "one punch" movement, and locks their speed and force together.

And remember, IF you can do a Front Fist Roll, you are already doing a Front Double Punch. Just think of a Two Punch Fist Roll. The fist movement is slighlty different but the result is exactly the same.
                      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Mkvtte92
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • May 2006

Advice needed please.

Hello everyone!

I just finished watching Speedboys latest video. I think the drill he is doing is called a single fist link? Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, I'm fasinated on how smoothly he flows in and out of this drill. I've included a clip of myself trying this new drill out, and I'm finding it kind of uncomfortable. I'm trying to stay relaxed but could use any advice anyone could give me.

I'm trying to set the camera back farther as you guys suggested, but I'm going to have to wait until I can get someone over to hold the camera. You would have to see how my garage is set up to understand. Sorry!! I just did'nt want you guys to think I was ignoring that advice.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Mike

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

I'm fasinated on how smoothly he flows in and out of this drill
                          Yes, he's quite good. I've been at this on and off for about 3 years and I can't match most of his moves for speed and smoothness.

I've included a clip of myself trying this new drill out, and I'm finding it kind of uncomfortable. I'm trying to stay relaxed but could use any advice anyone could give me.
                          I coudn't get this video to work... I get this message

"This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request."

Is it working for anyone else?

I'm trying to set the camera back farther as you guys suggested, but I'm going to have to wait until I can get someone over to hold the camera. You would have to see how my garage is set up to understand.
                          I have a 6' ladder that I use as a "tripod". I had my wife hold the camera once, but now I'm taping every session to review technique.
                          Last edited by Tim; 05-29-2006, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Mkvtte92
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • May 2006

Sorry!!!

Sorry.....The video should work now.

Mike

Comment

• ryzies
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • May 2006

you seem to be doing just fine for now...you are just getting out of the rythm sometimes...you'll get it...just keep doing what you're doing there and it'll just happen...my bag rebounds so much different than everyone elses...i wish i could get the rebound that you have on your bag...i would be doing so much better...i'm gonna have to work on that this week...

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...